College Bowl Games on iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kasei, Jan 3, 2006.

1. kasei macrumors 6502a

kasei

I just watched the Georgia Bulldogs lose the Sugar Bowl on iTunes. Yes you read that right. There are two Bowl games available on iTunes. This is going to be great....

2. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

3. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Are they the regular $2 price? I don't have TV (I have a TV, but no reception/cable/dish/etc.) at home and would love to catch a game or two if the price is right.

5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Bah I sat for eight hours and watched VaTech beat Louisville, and ND lose to OSU. Hrm maybe $2 would not be a bad way to get a decent recap.

6. goodwill macrumors regular

what team do you want to see win the most on itunes?

7. kasei thread starter macrumors 6502a

kasei

That's what convinced me to buy; I did not feel like sitting through all of those damn commercials and listening to the sport commentators.

8. Supercross macrumors newbie

Its awesome that iTunes got the license for BCS stuff but I looked on iTunes and the times for the two games there are like 15 and 17 minutes. Are these just the highlights or something?

9. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I thought they were condensed, but that is a little too condensed to be just missing the commercials. Even if they just show every snap (i.e. not the between the plays stuff with the clock running) I would expect them to be longer than that. Anybody who bought these care to enlighten us.

10. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

You got it. They are just 15-17 min highlight packages. It would be freakin awesome if they did the whole game.

11. qzak macrumors 6502

Go Bucks!

sweet. just downloaded the Fiesta Bowl (our home away from home!) recap. man can Teddy run!

12. StrongGlad macrumors member

I remember years ago (maybe around 1990) reading an article in Sports Illustrated about the duration of actual play in NFL games. As I recall, the writer sat down with a stopwatch one weekend and viewed several games, starting his watch at each snap, and stopping it at the whistle. Unless my memory is completely shot (entirely possible), the average game came out to something like 8 1/2 minutes of playing time (which means that only 14% of the clock is spent on actual play).

I don't watch a lot of college football, but I would suspect that it's not all that different in this respect, which makes me wonder: how can a "highlights reel" occupy 17 minutes? Does it contain interviews? Pre-/post-game shows? A halftime performance?