College Football is upon us.....

Discussion in 'Community' started by Backtothemac, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, it is that glorious time of the year again, when pads start slapping, and bones start breaking ;)

So, who is your favorite team? Who do you think will win the title this year? What do you think are the biggest matchups?

Alabama is my team, and I hate to say it, but I think Auburn has a great chance to win the national title. They just need a little luck. There 1st game next weekend is Auburn vs. USC. Both to 10 teams. Great matchup.

Bama vs. Oklahoma could be a huge game.

2. xpormac macrumors regular

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

so I have a question...and this is purely observational...

do u ever agree with anything anyone says? or do u just like to disagree for the sake of disagreeing?

4. xpormac macrumors regular

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

haha...it's ok...my ex moved there... ;)

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i like cal poly, but they are a non factor when it comes to division I stuff

as for titles, it's anybody's guess since each year, students graduate, transfer, or drop out

the pro field is much easier to predict since the players seem to stay with a team longer...but that has drastically changed over the years, too

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm still a fan of the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers. Lived there for 10 years and so became a life long fan.

8. job macrumors 68040

job

I'd like to see Ohio State make another run for the title.

Say what you want about them, but they are not willing to roll over and die. For them, it ain't over 'till it's over.

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the nebraska red baseball caps have been banned in many schools here in california because some stupid youth gang has made their red hat with a white N their logo..the rival gang uses blue and the number XIII as their logo designating the roman numeral for the number 13 because M is the thirteenth letter of the alphabet

so now i have seen university of nebraska logo in blue ...as to slow down the stupid drive by shootings in california cities

i think nebraska gear will now all be blue here

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My father-in-law graduated from the Ohio State Medical school. All my family is native Ohio Buckeye's. My wife said that the Cornhuskers are not even rated, they must be in a rebuilding stage. So from native loyalty, hope that the Buckeyes will be make a good showing!