College Football: OSU vs. UM

Discussion in 'Community' started by jxyama, Nov 20, 2004.

1. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

as a Michigan alum, i must ask... with the entire OSU scandal aside, when will lloyd carr become the Michigan version of Cooper and get fired for the inability to beat OSU, esp. in "critical" seasons? he's now 1-3 against Trassel. out of three losses, two of them (this year and 3 years ago) are when OSU was an underdog/unranked and basically ruined Michigan's season - just like how Michigan used to ruin OSU's...

2. jasylonian macrumors regular

Say on! As much as I believe Lloyd Carr is an extremely intelligent individual with great moral fiber, I think he lacks innovation and guts (Wouldn't mind seeing more of a vertical game, especially since we have a receiving corps stacked with mutants). I wish that we could find someone with his commitment to academics as well as being a great tactician. On the other hand, 9-2 isn't so bad considering the circumstances. i'm conflicted... would you settle for a new offensive coordinator?

3. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

personally, i didn't think that OSU was going to be able to pull it off. But, after the first quarter it was obvious. UM's quarterback wasn't that great at least in this game. Another thing OSU should of won be more than what they did, three unanswered drives is a joke. But, i'm still glad they won.

not to be mean but, ah ah, Go Bucks!

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, we here in Ohio didn't expect the Bucks to win either, so the game was a very pleasant surprise to us.

As far as Carr and Meeechigan's fortunes...well, what goes around comes around. Right now it's OSU's turn to use UM as their doormat for a few years. Take heart; it won't last forever.

But we sure are enjoying it in the meantime. :D :D :D

5. jxyama thread starter macrumors 68040

jxyama

i guess so... carr's style is very good when talent is there or michigan's got the upper edge. he plays a very conservative, typical big ten game - running first, passing second backed by solid defense, esp. linebackers.

he had been good for 7-4/8-3 seasons for quite a while until miraculously going undefeated in '97. since then, he's been good for 9-2/10-1 seasons, lots of big ten titles which is pretty amazing, but i think fans here (including me) are getting greedy. it's been too predictable: decent team that loses a winnable away game early in the season, usually does well in the big ten but loses just enough to make the title often a shared one... not winning a big one (against OSU or MSU) when it really matters. kinda frustrating, if you ask me...

i never know which team will show up - a team that will play as well as it could or somehow plays crappily and barely win or worse, lose. i guess i haven't seen any excitement from his teams, i guess. good and steady is his style...