College Hoops fans sound off!

Discussion in 'Community' started by kuyu, Dec 9, 2003.

1. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

As a wildcat born and raised, I believe UK to be the greatest team in the world.

-Most all time wins
    -2003 coach of the year (Tubby Smith)
    -More SEC championships than all other SEC schools added together (41 or 42)
    -sports illustrated team of the CENTURY
    -best all around player (chuck hayes) rides a moped around campus!
    -every single game this season is live on TV!

Who's your favorite team and why?

Also, be sure to watch the cats every saturday for the next month on CBS afternoon game.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I've pretty much always liked Kansas, Penn State, and Florida, but there aren't any teams that look interesting this year to me.

3. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

pitt fan

i'm a pitt fan, though i think we had our shot and couldn't cash in last year. this year's team is missing the balance and leadership of last year, but they do have good talent. krauser has stepped up his game so far, and chris taft could turn into a big time player. we'll have to wait and see what julius page and chevon troutman can do to see how far the panthers go this year.

4. kuyu thread starter macrumors 6502a

kuyu

trebble, did pitt get those 4 guys over 6'10" this year. I remember hearing about them last season, but hadn't heard anything since then.

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

hardcore maryland fan... though things aren't looking so hot right yet for us... :(

and of course George Washington! :D a10 better watch out this year:D

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Well after a terrible football season , i can finally be proud/excited about the fighting illini. We are looking really good this season and we have quite a few really good players. the UNC game proved that dee brown can be shut down but it didn't really ensure a victory, its more like crappy freethrows lost the game for us.

7. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

well, they've got three freshmen around 6'10. dante milligan and levan kendal are both 6'9'', and chris taft is 6'10". Aparently, there's a guy named Mark McCarroll on the roster who's also 6'10. maybe a joCo transfer?

i'm not sure if these are the guys you heard about last year, but taft was the one recruit they were really high on. he's been delivering so far.

8. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

OK. You've got the team of the century, but I've got the team of the Decade - Duke.

Pure class program and the best active coach - Coach K.

Good kids, good arena, great school.

My status as an alum has no bearing on my opinion. Really! I loved them before I attended.

My other alma mater is on the rebound - Michigan. Coach Amaker will bring the Maize and Blue back to national promenence after a decade that is best not mentioned. Even with the basketball troubles, the Football and Hockey programs are sources of great pride, and a nice counter-balance to the pure crap that is Duke football.

9. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

boby knight- hands down, best active coach. say what you will about how far he can throw chairs, he motivates- and works to get his graduation rates up. plus, i could coach duke- duke is successful due to recruiting. and coach k is a wierdo anyway, i saw a thing on espn where he admitted that he yells at himself in the mirror after a loss. thats just creepy. any coach that can get a good team on the west coast is better than one on the east coast, so much harder to get interested players out there.

i still love bobby knight and gary williams :D

10. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Bama fan here. Lots of ties with the Kentucky program actually. I miss the good old days of Wimp running the coaches box though.

11. kuyu thread starter macrumors 6502a

kuyu

we kentucky fans have still not gotten over the hill to laetner last second shot. Even though we lost, that was the greatest college bball game of all time, PERIOD. Coach K is one hell of a coach, but of course he's no tubby...

Last season at the beginning we were sooo bad that true blue fans were talking about a <.500 season. Then at half time during the vandy game, tubby said something (god knows what) but our guys came out, kicked ass, and didn't lose for the rest of the season. We beat every team in the conference , and most of them twice (including the #1 florida gators).

the illini got embarrased tonight, but it's still early.

12. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

who beat the number one ranked team in the nation tonight? go maryland!! and gwu looked darn good against towson tonight... yes, i know, towson isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse... but check out our team if you haven't already, we're gonna beat xavier and dayton- i'm calling it here:D :D

13. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

blue devils, baby, that's all I've gotta say.

14. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

15. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

anyone have an opinon on ben howland in ucla? i think he's a damn good coach, but i dunno how long it's gonna take to rebuild that program.

16. kuyu thread starter macrumors 6502a

kuyu

ucla has definate potential. hell, we only beat them by 2 points. of course our leading scorer fitch had the flu and we shot 27%, but they still played pretty well.

For rebuilding teams, rick pitino is the best. He turned kentucky into the best team in the nation (think 96, 97, 98), and since he took the job at our rival louisville, they have been a force to be reckoned with.

Did you know, kentucky and louisville have never won both the football and the basketball game in the same year. They won in football this year, so UK is going to win the basketball game.

17. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict