Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JP89Hornet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Aggieland
I'll be goin to college in a couple of years and wanted to see some ideas of what kind of displays, accessories, laptops, PC's, etc. college students had in there dorm, apt., or home.

I'm planning on getting a MBP 17" so any setups of that would be awesome!!!

--Jake

**Yes this can be a competition to see who has the best mac college set-up!:D

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
JP89Hornet said:
I'll be goin to college in a couple of years and wanted to see some ideas of what kind of displays, accessories, laptops, PC's, etc. college students had in there dorm, apt., or home.

I'm planning on getting a MBP 17" so any setups of that would be awesome!!!

--Jake

**Yes this can be a competition to see who has the best mac college set-up!:D
Give me about 3 and a half to 4 weeks and I'll post my setup =P. (I leave for college in 3 weeks and 5 days)

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
A couple of years? Shouldn't you be more worried about your GPA? :p

I'll need a month or two... c'mon Rev. B.

JP89Hornet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Aggieland
Gpa?

What's GPA? Atype of trendy clothing store at the mall?

-lol- j/k

I'm 12th in a class of 400, in TX if you are in the top 10% of your class your class you are guarunteed in any state college, Texas :mad:, Texas Tech, Baylor, all the city colleges, and the best Texas A&M!!!

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
JP89Hornet said:

-lol- j/k

I'm 12th in a class of 400, in TX if you are in the top 10% of your class your class you are guarunteed in any state college, Texas :mad:, Texas Tech, Baylor, all the city colleges, and the best Texas A&M!!!
What kind of a degree do you have in mind, or what career path?

JP89Hornet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Aggieland
slooksterPSV said:
What kind of a degree do you have in mind, or what career path?

I plan on going somewhere in the computer feild, or medical.
Possibally an engineering degree, any suggestions?

ich1ban

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2006
Give me about 30 days and I'll post my setup soon :p

Can't wait to go to college!

mgmktx

macrumors member
May 15, 2006
I'm going to LSU in a few weeks (from outside houston) for petroleum engineering

My setup will be:
2ghz white macbook (1gb)
hp printer
30gb 5g white ipod
PC + 17" LCD for autocad/gaming
fridge
micro + convection oven (roommate is bringing both)
fridge
17" TV (i think) + xbox 360 (roommate is bringing both)
and any others i forgot...

oh and of course a cell phone :cool:

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I don't have a photo of my setup whilst I was living in my college but I can post a photo of my setup in the apartment I moved into whilst still at Uni.

College = Residence affiliated with the University.
Uni = Place you go to get a degree.

Give me a day or two and I'll clean up the mess that is my desk - it's not technically a Uni setup now that' I've graduated but it's the same look and feel.

JP89Hornet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Aggieland
BurtonCCC said:
Ask again when people are actually at school. Less than a month now. I'm so excited for year two. :)

I thought of that as soon as I hit "Submit Thread" What can I say, it's my blonde side speaking out, lol.:cool:

--Jake

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
My Future college Setup (in two years time) will most likely be

The MBP 2.0 Ghz/256vRam/1gB ram (soon to be two?)/ 15" Screen, i bought myself.
and why arent my parents going to be paying for a college computer two years down the line? because they had such a fit about me spending my money on this:D ooh well, i still love them, i think its better though, this way i'll still have a pretty kick-ass computer, but i wont be tempted to play as many games as i would if i had the top-of-the-line compy, which will no doubt help my gpa. :p

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
JP89Hornet said:
I plan on going somewhere in the computer feild, or medical.
Possibally an engineering degree, any suggestions?

I'm going to Cornell University this Fall in about 3 weeks. I recommend you apply their as well if you're interested in enginerring or the pre-med track.

Also, I'm bringing a MacBook there with 2GB RAM. Perfect because it's nice and portable.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Well, if you want I could scan in a pic of my undergrad setup from a few years back - though it's just a crappy Fujitsu laptop on a bed. Oh, and at some point my roommate and I got a 12" TV/VCR combo. Woo!

Man, I don't know how kids these days afford all the stuff they do. Maybe I just spent my limited funds on other things (food, guitars, liquor, women).

My "grad school setup" is in the regular Mac Setups.

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
My setup freshman year, it will be a little bit better this fall, but we'll see... damn applecare is taking away all my money. :(

attachment.php
attachment.php

it's nothing special, but yah there it is~

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
i4k20c said:
My setup freshman year, it will be a little bit better this fall, but we'll see... damn applecare is taking away all my money. :(

attachment.php

it's nothing special, but yah there it is~

I'm doing Psychology for my A-Level. :)

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
JP89Hornet said:

-lol- j/k

Baylor is a private school and not a state supported school. A friend of mine was number one in my class (we only had 52 people and I was like 36, I honestly don't care because I have a passion in life and I will pursue that passion and enjoy life) decided to go to Baylor, I found that silly when he could have had FREE tuition for any number of upstanding state schools.

As for the thread, I will be living at home while I attend Texas State Technical College, it isn't a fancy school, and is just considered a trade school, but I will be able to get my foot in the door and pursue my passion, and that is my goal.

JP89Hornet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Aggieland
maestro55 said:
Baylor is a private school and not a state supported school. A friend of mine was number one in my class (we only had 52 people and I was like 36, I honestly don't care because I have a passion in life and I will pursue that passion and enjoy life) decided to go to Baylor, I found that silly when he could have had FREE tuition for any number of upstanding state schools.

As for the thread, I will be living at home while I attend Texas State Technical College, it isn't a fancy school, and is just considered a trade school, but I will be able to get my foot in the door and pursue my passion, and that is my goal.

I really admire how you didn't give up on college life, alot of the kids in my school even some in the top 10% don't really even want to go to college! Right now they are working in food services (McDonalds, "Would you like fries with that") and said it is good enough for them.

Good Luck,

--Jake

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
jason2811 said:
I'm going to Cornell University this Fall in about 3 weeks. I recommend you apply their as well if you're interested in enginerring or the pre-med track.

Also, I'm bringing a MacBook there with 2GB RAM. Perfect because it's nice and portable.

I've said this many times in many threads, but when you get to Ithaca two must hit restaurants:

Maxies Supper Club

Just A Taste

Check out The Commons, and watch out for the uber-nasty Ithaca landlords ...

kaboutertje

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2006
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hmm I got a really big place for a student, so space isn't a problem for me :). So I got the usual widescreen tv/pc/apple/speakerset.

But my favourite item would be:
fatboy.jpg

My fatboy!

And a kingsize bed offcourse :)

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
i don't have any pics of how my house was setup while i was at photography school in Santa Barbara,

but it was extra awesome, i assure you. my roommates and I had a killer house right on the beach.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
My setup Pics later

Dual 1.8 G5 bunch of extras in it, 3GB RAM, raptor HD, 250GB HD, Eye TV EZ, etc. etc.
Dell 2005FPW

12" 1.5Ghz Powerbook

Soon: a second raptor HD and a Dell 2407FPW monitor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.