Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
jason2811 said:
I will definitely check out those place. I can't wait to go up there. Did you go to school at Cornell?

No -- but the woman did (undergrad and grad -- she spent 8 cold, windy winters in Ithaca!).

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
JP89Hornet said:
What's GPA? Atype of trendy clothing store at the mall?

-lol- j/k

I'm 12th in a class of 400, in TX if you are in the top 10% of your class your class you are guarunteed in any state college, Texas :mad:, Texas Tech, Baylor, all the city colleges, and the best Texas A&M!!!
"the best"? You're funny... :p

Dan8302

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2003
Rochester, NY
My Setup

I have some pics on a site i did for an iMac mod a few years back, it shows my setup at the time.

I wish I had a pic from my setup the year later, 4 computers around the entertainment center, looked great.

fenixx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2006
lol @ the aforeposted powerbook/mbp on text book.

from March until July my MBP was propped on my desk with my 4 inch high (no joke) art history book.

hopefully in a couple weeks i can get a better setup together.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Dan8302 said:
I have some pics on a site i did for an iMac mod a few years back, it shows my setup at the time.

I wish I had a pic from my setup the year later, 4 computers around the entertainment center, looked great.
That's awesome, very messy though haha.

I do, but don't want to go to college, because I do want to go back to HS with all of my 2006 class. We've all grown up wow so strange.

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
fenixx said:
lol @ the aforeposted powerbook/mbp on text book.

from March until July my MBP was propped on my desk with my 4 inch high (no joke) art history book.

hopefully in a couple weeks i can get a better setup together.

lol it was use the textbook i already have, or spend $40 for a icurve..i was like, during college, i'll always have textbooks so i skimped out on the icurve. :p

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
kaboutertje said:
But my favourite item would be:
fatboy.jpg

My fatboy!

€159 for that?? Why is it so expensive? :( It's just a giant pillow.

Nevertheless, I want one. :D

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
wow..a picture thread...with no pictures...this is revolutionary. It's even better than that "post pics of your cell phone from the manufacturers website" thread.
I think I'll start a "post your unicorn" thread. :p

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
This was my set-up. I lived in an off campus universtiy residence. a small apartment shared by four students. Two per bedroom, very small rooms at that.

PB is propped up using, iirc, a small dictionary.

Attachments

• college_bed.jpg
    college_bed.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 247
  • college.jpg
    college.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 359

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
maestro55 said:
Baylor is a private school and not a state supported school. A friend of mine was number one in my class (we only had 52 people and I was like 36, I honestly don't care because I have a passion in life and I will pursue that passion and enjoy life) decided to go to Baylor, I found that silly when he could have had FREE tuition for any number of upstanding state schools.
There is more to a college than its sticker price, free isnt always the best option.

kaboutertje

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2006
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ok a picture then, only one I have is when I was moving in though. At my parents atm so can't take a new one. I upgraded the speakers, and well added some things, but at least you get a glimpse of the fatboy in the bottom left :), oh and check the dishwasher in the kitchen, it's my favourite piece of equipment in the house.

I just copy pasted 2 pictures didn't want to upload 2 pictures :)

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
JP89Hornet said:
I'm 12th in a class of 400, in TX if you are in the top 10% of your class your class you are guarunteed in any state college, Texas :mad:, Texas Tech, Baylor, all the city colleges, and the best Texas A&M!!!

Been there, got the ring... Not quite my idea of the best... though it was an interesting sociological experience/experiment coming from Europe. :p

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
here's mine, just after i had finished my first year exams. the walls were bare because:

posters up> posters down> revision notes up> revision notes down> pic taken:D

IMG_1179.jpg

ill post a new one when i move into my house this autumn.

S

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
macOSX-tastic said:
here's mine, just after i had finished my first year exams. the walls were bare because:

posters up> posters down> revision notes up> revision notes down> pic taken:D

<snip>

ill post a new one when i move into my house this autumn.

S

Awww, sweet. I love 15" PB's... It's a bit messy but I like it...:D

jamblo

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2006
looking at the above pic makes me wonder if I should have just bought the 17" mbp and icurve instead of getting a 20"w LCD... flip!

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2004
My setup last semester @ the University of Maryland (click for bigger)

Drawer pulled out:

Regular:

I have my PowerBook G4 in my desk drawer connected to a 20" Cinema Display with a Bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse. Makes for a very clean workspace. I'm thinking of doing the same thing when I go back in the fall (going to be a sophomore.)

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
jamblo said:
but then looking at Kurt871's setup makes me think i made the right decision!
If it works for you, then it was the right decision. I'd like to get a ACD for my PB, it's gotten hard to look at after having used my iMac CD for so long now.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
terriyaki said:
As do I.

They look like giant foofbags.

Yeah. :) I'm a sucker for all things soft and comfy. I have like 80 pillows on my bed, a goose-down comforter and a bunch of goat-skin rugs.

fenixx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2006
Kurt871 said:
I have my PowerBook G4 in my desk drawer connected to a 20" Cinema Display with a Bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse. Makes for a very clean workspace. I'm thinking of doing the same thing when I go back in the fall (going to be a sophomore.)

Awesome setup. If I wasn't afraid of running my MBP with lid closed, I'd try the same thing.

macbookpro10

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2006
i just moved a month ago to my freshman on campus dorm. i couldn't be happier. everyone here is blown away by my mac, i already converted two. haha. enjoy. MBP 15 inch, 1gb ram, 100gb.

dcp1902en6.jpg

dcp1903nm3.jpg

JP89Hornet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Aggieland
macbookpro10 said:
i just moved a month ago to my freshman on campus dorm. i couldn't be happier. everyone here is blown away by my mac, i already converted two. haha. enjoy. MBP 15 inch, 1gb ram, 100gb.

dcp1903nm3.jpg

What college do you go to? The furniture kind-of looks like aTm? Like on the 1st page.

====================

AWESOME PICS!!!

--Jake

macbookpro10

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2006
JP89Hornet said:
What college do you go to? The furniture kind-of looks like aTm? Like on the 1st page.

====================

AWESOME PICS!!!

--Jake

UCF (As you can tell by the wall), University of Central Florida in Orlando. It is a great school for technology and computer majors. Plus, the dorms rock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.