Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JP89Hornet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Aggieland
macbookpro10 said:
i just moved a month ago to my freshman on campus dorm. i couldn't be happier. everyone here is blown away by my mac, i already converted two. haha. enjoy. MBP 15 inch, 1gb ram, 100gb.

dcp1903nm3.jpg

Does the cord on top of your printer go to the MB/MBP Mag Safe Power adapter, so it extends the plug? If so where did you get it?

I have heard complaints on how it plugs in the wall. :confused:

JurgenWigg

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
Baltimore
JP89Hornet said:
Does the cord on top of your printer go to the MB/MBP Mag Safe Power adapter, so it extends the plug? If so where did you get it?

I have heard complaints on how it plugs in the wall. :confused:

Umm yeah, when you get your MB(P) the power brick is by default only set up with a direct thing to plug into the wall, but in the box there's a cord to plug into the power brick where that plug thing is (you have to pull it out). I've had no problems plugging it into the wall.

JP89Hornet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Aggieland
JurgenWigg said:
Umm yeah, when you get your MB(P) the power brick is by default only set up with a direct thing to plug into the wall, but in the box there's a cord to plug into the power brick where that plug thing is (you have to pull it out). I've had no problems plugging it into the wall.

Thanks, and even though i've heard people complaining of the size of the "Power Brick", I think it is great compared to my current To"shita" laptop... It's charger is almost twice it's size!!! :eek:

I do see the difference between the Powerbook plug compared to this, big change for Mac users I guess!?!

--Jake

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
JP89Hornet said:
I do see the difference between the Powerbook plug compared to this, big change for Mac users I guess!?!
wait, did I misunderstand something? The powerbook's "brick" is like.. identical to the MB's.. what big change was there (i mean, besides the magsafe, obviously)?

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
xfiftyfour said:
wait, did I misunderstand something? The powerbook's "brick" is like.. identical to the MB's.. what big change was there (i mean, besides the magsafe, obviously)?

I think you need to see it in real life then, its 1.5X the size of the PB ones... and much heavier too. its really is a brick.

PhillStew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2005
Alabama
I'm a Sophmore in Biomedical Sciences at Auburn University in Alabama. This is my setup in my apartment.

Attachments

• DSC00737.JPG
    DSC00737.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 268

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Leareth said:
I think you need to see it in real life then, its 1.5X the size of the PB ones... and much heavier too. its really is a brick.
The MB's powerbrick is the same size as the PB's. Only the MBP's is larger.

Back on topic... here are the only two pics that I could find of my dorm last year. Please excuse the Asus laptop (stupid school required it). I get to use my mac this coming year instead. Needless to say I'm quite happy. I'll post pics of that setup as soon as I move in.

Just the Desk:
57770551.light.jpg

Desk and Bed:
55177720.CRW_619701.jpg

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Leareth said:
Actually I had a PB before this MB and I am positive they are nearly identical in size. Someone else said that the MBP's brick is the heavier one, so perhaps that's what you meant?

BTW: here was my set-up last year. Eventually I'll have to get a photo of the office in my apartment..

Attachments

• college.jpg
    college.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 248

sixstorm

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2006
Nashville, TN
I'll have to post up pics of my new apartment when I move on Saturday. Guess it won't be anything WOW but hey, it's getting me through college. I'll post next week!

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
my setup...

Mac on Garbage can because my desk is full of crap.

This is how college goes.. no time to clean, so you have to make do with what you have.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
katie ta achoo said:

This is how college goes.. no time to clean, so you have to make do with what you have.

When it gets to that point... See this is why I didn't choose to dorm my first year. :eek:

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
CubaTBird said:
When it gets to that point... See this is why I didn't choose to dorm my first year. :eek:

Hahah.. I live at home :D

I just don't have time (or motivation) to clean off the desk.

it promotes good airflow.. or something. :D

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
katie ta achoo said:

This gives a whole new meaning to "Empty Trash". :eek:

Please keep me posted when you do, we might be able to come to some kind of an agreement. :p

sixstorm

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2006
Nashville, TN
slooksterPSV said:
Do you guys take your Mac Notebooks to class?

Heck yeah. I believe without a doubt, the Mac is the best companion for a college kid. You can't beat. I've been using my 14" iBook for 2 full semesters and I love it. I kinda wish I would've bought a 12" iBook or Powerbook though, just for portability.

kaboutertje

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2006
Amsterdam, Netherlands
slooksterPSV said:
Do you guys take your Mac Notebooks to class?

Well I practically don't use mine anymore (getting it replaced by a next rev MB), but I never took it to class. A law study is quite egocentric so the only thing you have to do is learn everything they tell you. Most of the time if I listen carefully I remember it though, if I type/write while listening I would have to learn it again afterwards. Besides most of the time they put a summary of what's told in class on the net so no use for it.
So I don't see that changing with my new MB either, I do use it for school though when I visit my parents or when I'm abroad but still need to study :(.
It really depends a lot on what your studying I guess, I can imagine the design/technical studies to have a lot more use for it in class.

kingkezz

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2006
dornoforpyros said:
wow..a picture thread...with no pictures...this is revolutionary. It's even better than that "post pics of your cell phone from the manufacturers website" thread.
I think I'll start a "post your unicorn" thread. :p

...he said what we were all thinking...

kingkezz

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2006
I have no idea how to post pics in threads, but that picture of the pb in the trash can is sacrilege!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.