Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
1) Some new stuff instead of all my older brother's hand me downs

2) A pet tiger :D

I'm 36.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I'm currently 24.

1 - To go see a Dallas Cowboys football game
2 - To have a dad not afflicted with schizophrenia.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
When I was little, I always wanted one of those old boxy Nintendos..

1. Nintendo (mom didn't believe in Video games. I still think they're bad for kids)
2. Wood-sided lock-back Pocket Knife (I lusted after this for aeons it seems)

My age be 26.

I was a repressed child... Funny thing is now I don't really care to have either, gaming or knives.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Dragonzord and Pokemon Red, I'm 22.

*finally got Pokemon Yellow (and Gold, and the Zelda Oracle games) just last year :)

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I always wanted one of those huge Lego train sets. Never got one though.

Also, I always wanted a gaming console as a kid. Never got one, but I did buy my first not to long ago. I bought a Xbox 360

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I always wanted one of those huge Lego train sets. Never got one though.

Also, I always wanted a gaming console as a kid. Never got one, but I did buy my first not to long ago. I bought a Xbox 360

I used to drool over the Lego booklets/catalogues. Many wishful hours spent within the pages of those things.. I still have all my old Legos, too... packed away somewhere I haven't seen them in years.

toaster_oven

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2003
not sure
1. every single lego set in existence.

2. drum kit - this lasted from when I was 5 until 8th grade - I even saved my money and bought a used kit at a garage sale when I was in 6th grade, but my parents took it away because it was "too noisy" and they were worried I'd fall in with the wrong crowd and start doing drugs. I still get upset over this sometimes.

my age: 30

I now have many instruments and even play a little drums (much to my mom's chagrin)... but because of this I've vowed to support and foster my children's interests.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
A Big Wheel (My cousin Todd had one)
A Mattel electronic baseball game (I got a crummy knock-off). :(

I'm 43.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Whoa.......

That's what I was thinking. I mean, it's legal in pretty much every country, but it is kinda creepy.

Myself, it was, of course, POWER-POWER-POWER WHEELS!
I think was made it worse, is that a VP of Hasbro lives just up the street from me, so his kids (one of which I was in school with all the way from k-12), so they always got some pre-production stuff.
Of course, I didn't ask for the Lionel train set I got, but I liked it. Now if I could only finish my layout someday... :rolleyes:

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto

Always wanted to be able to pick expensive soccer shoes...they were always picke dfor me and they weren't the really nice flashy expensive ones that i wanted (i now have a collection of them even tho i only play once a year or so lol)

always wanted an atv like all my cousins did

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
1. Paved/Cement Basketball Court in the back yard - we had the goal, but I had to play on grass, lol.
2. Always wanted an in-ground swimming pool when I was younger.

I'm 26 now.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
Powerwheels Jeep and a pet platypus.

I wasn't allowed the platypus for obvious reasons, and the powerwheels was out of the question because my mom though I'd drive down the hill in my backyard and flip over and die.

I am 18.

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
I always wanted LA Gears with the lights at the bottom which lit up when you took a step. I was around 9.

LOL i remember the LA Gears shoes. Me and my brother had a bunch!

Oh and for that person who mentioned the TV controller watch... I had one of those and man was it fun! Once back home in Pakistan we were in the lounge at the airport which had TVS and me and my brother kept changing the channel it was hilarious people were like "WTF".
Classic.

Anyways. I am 20 now (jeez that feels weird...)
I was/am really spoiled so I can't think of anything in particular I wanted and didn't get.

1. I want/ed a Go-Kart (never asked for it because it wasn't practical in Pakistan nor Toronto).
2. Become a professional basketball player and make lots of money (until I realized I wasn't growing past 5'0 and women ballers don't get paid THAT much) lol.

alexlovesmacs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2008
I am currently 18

Nintendo 64
GameBoy Color
A bondi blue iMac G3
Piano
Power Wheels

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.