College Scholarships

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dr.Chiz, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Dr.Chiz macrumors member

Hey umm im a freshmen at my highschool, and i wanna learna bout scholarships becuase i want to go to u.c. berkeley which is top 21 in schools in usa. So some questions
    How many scholarships can you get?
    Whats the max ammount of money you can get froms scholarship?
    What are things you can get scholarships in?
    How do you get scholarships?
    What do scholarships pay for?
    Please answer those and throw in any other info you like

2. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

fastweb, as many as you're capable of, as much as they offer. some scholarships have no stipulations for how you use them. fafsa it up, too.

3. Dr.Chiz thread starter macrumors member

ya ty for taking the time to post 1 sentence for like 6 questions that helped me none what so ever

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Well, maybe this will help translate:

Fastweb is a scholarship-seekers website.

There is no real limit on how many scholarships you are 'allowed' to have, only how many you can get.

There are too many different types of scholarships to list here, but suffice it to say that you can get money for athletics, arts, music, ethnic reasons, academic excellence, etc.

Some scholarships only pay for expenses and books, some just cut you a check and let you do whatever you like.

Good luck, and take advantage of all the resources out there.
    You'll need to fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Student Aid), but not till you're closer to graduating.

Cheers

5. rontheancient macrumors regular

If you want to get into Berkeley and you're a freshman, then you got a lot more other stuff to worry about than scholarships. Dont even think about scholarships until senior year and spend more time on academics. Already doing well in school? Great, just dont get overconfident and let your guard down. In any case, all the advice in the above posts are good. BTW, FAFSA is first come, first serve, thats why I sent mine on the 12/31/05.