College shooting in Montreal

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DJMastaWes, Sep 13, 2006.

1. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/13/montreal.shooting/index.html

It's really scary to think that something like this could happen in the area that I'm in a lot of the time, and that it could happen any time. I go to this school in the summer, and this building is HUGE. It takes up a square city block. About 10,000 students attend the school, and about 3,000 where in class when this happened.

Dawson is connected to a mall and a Metro station underground. When you come out of the metro, you have the choice to go into dawson, into the mall or outside. I believe most of the "green line" was shut down.

Discus.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Damn. :( I don't know why it's always Montreal. It's such a fantastic city, and the people who live there are really great, despite being from "that" part of Canada. Joking, of course. Toronto is usually the "shooting" capital of Canada because of the number of illegal guns in our largest city, and because of general gang violence from being in such a massive city. My stepfather and his family come from Montreal. I'm sure they're gutted by this news. My stepaunt remembers the last shooting in Montreal.

I know this might be a weird question, but if someone had managed to wrestle the gun off one of the shooters, and shot him, then shot the other gunmen, I wonder if there would be any charges laid against him?

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

School shootings are such a disturbing trend.

Students need to feel safe in order to succeed -- you can bet kids everywhere will feel a little bit less safe when they walk into their schools tomorrow. Especially since the school shooting trend always seems to include copy-cat crimes.

4. DJMastaWes thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

I am a little scared to go back tomorrow because of our "gangsta" demographic in out school. I wouldn't be surprised if people did own guns it's just hard to say who. I'm not afraid of the people themselves, but when guns get involved, people start randomly shooting, and if you get cough in that then that's really scary.

The latest I heard was that 20 were injured and only the gunmen was killed and that there was only one, and he was shoot by a cop.

5. jréh macrumors newbie

some people need a release like music or skateboarding or killing people it is an imbuilt glich in the PeeCee esck like human genetics

6. meepm00pmeep macrumors 6502

meepm00pmeep

7. iDrifter macrumors member

iDrifter

My high school English teacher once joked: "A little knowledge is dangerous, so go to school and live dangerously." These incidences in schools in the last few years have taken the "joke" to a grimmer level.

How sad.