college students... need money?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mnkeybsness, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

$150 a week!?!? I bet they are going to have alot of people at least trying it out...

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Time to start getting people to advertise "Certified Dork Products" again.

Of course I'd be more tempted by products advertised on a female's breast, stomach, ass, legs, etc.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish that I was a student. I would certainly wear a tattoo on my forehead.

I did it once already. My wife and I attended a class by Dr. Mac Bob Levitus at MWNY '02. He said that if we would wear his logo tattoo on our forehead during the convention we could win a copy of his book. He said it was OK if we came to find him. Both of us got a signed copy of his book. He took a picture of us for proof to his friends. :)

4. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I did it at WWDC 2000 just for grins. I can't remember what it was even that I had the logo of. They were handing out temporary tattoos and applying them and I said "just slap it on my forehead."

Heck, last year I had my wife shave an apple into my hair.

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Saw this on the local (Providence RI, home of JWU) news back in September or October. I wanted to try it then, and I want to try it now :D

6. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Is this the mark of the beast? :D

Back during the dot-com madness when people were desperate for original ways to get their site name publicized, I remember something about getting paid handsomely to put advertising on the side of your car. I could imagine doing that, if the price is right. But my forehead is my own, thank you very much.

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Holy crap.

Thats a frikken load of money.

Damnn.

Nice Job.

:p

8. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

9. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Ok, well consider this. How many hours do you work at a PT job? 15-25 hours max probably. No one has time for a FT job unless they're doing a bs major (and that's not bachelor science either).

If you get paid $7/hr., then by wearing that you can potentially "work" 25 hours w/o actually "going to work". Yeah people may be laughing at you, but you can be studying/working while others who have regular PT jobs have to drive/commute to their workplace, drudge through the typical PT work, then drive back. The same time (25 hours) are given back to you. I suppose that is the logic behind it.

Not that i would wear it though, it looks ridiculous.

10. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

on the other hand... is your dignity worth more than 89 cents an hour?

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But do you have a choice in what the sponsor is....it can be pretty bad if you get one that is less than appealing.

All sorts come to mind that I won't even start to mention here :D

D

12. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

the market currently puts collegiate dignity around ¢36/hr, but you can expect that to bottom out with spring break rapidly approaching.

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

What dignity? :eek:

14. fatcow242 macrumors newbie

How do they monitor this anyway? I mean, what's to stop some kid from putting in on and then just taking it off and collecting a paycheck?