Color label colours More?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sweener88, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Maybe I'm just dense, but I honestly don't understand what it is you're looking for. Might be more likely to get an answer if you're a little more specific?

(Also, since the thread you bumped is four years old, you probably might as well have posted a new one.)

3. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

i WAS looking for new colors for when u right click a folder/document/file and can choose to add a color label to the text (like a highlighting basically). also i did not bump this, nor after 4 years would i care too. :rolleyes:

4. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

To answer your question, I do not believe you can add new colors.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

Of course--the "you" I was referring to was davidnssbm, I just assumed his question was the same as yours, otherwise he wouldn't have bumped the thread.

The answer for davidnssbm is as said--you can't do it through the OS, but the haxie Mr_Brightside_@ linked should take care of it.

6. cujimmy macrumors member

We can't win!! CONSTANTLY we're told "search before you post", so this chap searched and has been berated for it.

7. Makosuke macrumors 603

I don't know if you meant that seriously, but if you did, the point of "search before you post" is to find out if somebody else has already answered the question you're about to ask. In which case you have no need to post at all.

That's a little different from finding the same question asked four years ago without an answer and adding "bump." Not that that doesn't work, just that at that point re-asking the same question isn't necessarily a bad idea. Or at least saying "I was trying to figure this out, too--any suggestions?" (Of course, had the OP been asking a detailed question with a lot of background information, bumping with another plea would have made much more sense, since it would save re-typing the same explanation.)

Not trying to start an argument here, just pointing out that the "search before you post" admonition falls under the banner of general rules not hard-and-fast laws.