Color Laser Printer [Epson AcuLaser C3000N?]

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jpeeters, Dec 11, 2005.

1. jpeeters macrumors newbie

Oct 18, 2005

I am looking for a good color laser printer for a couple of days now. I currently have 2 printers in my mind, but I don't know which one I should buy.

The 2 cadidates so far are:
    - Epson AcuLaser C3000N
    - Lexmark C524dn

My current favourite is the Epson, but I read a few reviews where users are complaining about the bad text quality. I couldn't find a lot about the Lexmark printer, but it looks promising.

Does anyone has any experience with one of those? Or do you know other good color laser printers? I'm looking for a printer with these requirements:
    - maximum $1250
    - descend quality (both black & color)
    - network printer
    - duplex
    - toner price (price per page)
  2. gabriel_uk macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2005
    This is a very late reply, but better late than never I guess! :D

I've had an Epson AcuLaser C2000 for the last 4 years, but definitely wouldn't buy an Epson laser printer again. Their other printers may be fine, but Epson's laser printer reliability, support and service are plain lousy. And their consumable prices are ridiculous (and not just ink, which is generally pricey anyhow).

I've been researching the purchase of a very welcome replacement and found the following review website to be the best, simply because it produces a good summary of all the other available reviews -

Most people agree that one of the very best printers for under $1000 is the Lexmark C510N, although it may no longer be the most up-to-date version. I'm gonna buy a Xerox Phaser 6350 for about 1000 British pounds.

3. epsonfan macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2006