Color Laserjet recommendations?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sonofslim, Jul 31, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

Can anyone recommend a good color laserjet? This is for business use, so we're looking for one that can stand up to a lot of use but not break the bank.

Thanks...

2. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

to be honest, i'm not sure. we don't need anything too fancy; basically, we're looking for a color postscript printer that'll last. i've been looking at a few in the $800 range (the HP 1500, for instance) but i don't know if those are too cheap to be worthwhile, or if we can go even cheaper, or what.

4. macrumors 604

iJon

well my macaddict gave the hp 1500 an excellent review and said it was great unless you need postscript. i recommend going and picking up the issue when it comes out and reading it. i would recommend a Xerox laser printer, which they also own tectronix, which also make awesome printers.

iJon

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

postscript is the #1 requirement, unfortunately. guess the 1500 is out.

maybe i should look at inkjets? HP has some less expensive PS-enabled inkjet printers...

6. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ah...ok...when I saw "laser"...I was about to suggest some hefty priced pieces...compared to what u guys are talking about... ;)

7. macrumors 6502a

RGunner

Not sure I understand what you mean Eyelikeart?

HP color laserjet has a MSRP of $799.

They are not as expensive as they used to be...

Or did I miss read what you quoted?