Color of ipod w/ relation to nighttime viewing

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Pablo, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Pablo macrumors regular

I've searched and read the various threads debating the white or black ipod debates, but none seemed to answer my question.

I've got a 3rd Gen 40 Gb iPod that I'm thinking about updating to the newer models, largely due to the video capabilities. Much of the viewing will be in a dark room, so therein lies the question.

I assume that the black iPod will be less noticable/stand out less than a white model if the only light source is the screen itself. Does the white ipod's visible edges distract from video viewing in a darkened room, or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I've never had a hard time watching a movie on my white iPod in the dark. Sounds like you are more of a movie watcher than me. The screen is plenty bright and clear on its own that I never seem to care. Just put Invisible Shield on your iPod whatever you do so that it doesn't get scratched! And the shield doesn't hurt viewing at night either.

3. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Definitely blowing this WAY out of proportion. My sister has a black 5.5G, I have a white 5.5G. There is no difference. One is not more distracting than the other...

If you have an iMac does the white casing distract you? Didn't think so.

4. Pablo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the input. Just making sure before I pull the trigger.

5. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

No problemo.

I chose white so it would match my iPod.