Colored New iBooks?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by applemacdude, Sep 6, 2002.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Anyone think there will be a tangerine new iBooks in paris or in the near future?

Or any such colors?

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Naw.. I think Apple has officialy moved to the white, single color.

irmongoose

3. saint macrumors regular

I think tangerine iBooks were made when Apple was marketing them to schoolkids.

Then they realised school kids don't buy laptops.

If you really love tangerine you could just repaint the inside of the case, like that guy who made the blue tronbook or whatever it was called.

I reckon different colours are not likely on any Macs soon.

4. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

brushed bronze, brushed silver, brushed gold (not real gold n the others not real silver lol), n brushed brushed antique style lol...brushed everything including keyboard :p lol only kidding....

5. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I think that Apple will release a new iBook case design when the new iBooks come around. However I see no reason for them to ressurrect the old design. That would tell their customers that they are taking a step back.

Sure they're old-school, but in the computer industry, old-school is not good.

-P-Worm

6. phgreer macrumors regular

phgreer

I think they should make it look like wood. It could be an Apple crate! no seriously I think something that would go well with home decor would be nice. Something like a nice brass finish like a picture frame or similiar decor. Some nice dark walnut would also be nice.

7. iAryeh macrumors newbie

iBook Case Deign

I love the current design. The only thing that I miss is the little handle. But, I guess you can't get everything. I think that a new PowerBook case should be expected before the iBook. That would stick with Apple's past design decisions.

8. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

Well the new design gets a good wow. When I sit against a wall on the GW campus cause I got to a school right near there and we get an house lunch. Anyhow everyone looks and lots of people like, so keep the current design :) or create a low end, (current) mid range (new) highend (powerbook)

9. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

So, you won't call 'em iceBooks, but silverBooks, goldBooks, and ...

I GOT IT!!!!

balsaBooks -- the ultimate in lightweight design!!

:D

10. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

...huh?

11. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

new design as being the icebook rather than the older ibooks cause people still think its new :)

12. Jeffx342 macrumors regular

that would be dumb

that would be gay if apple switched to the color phase
    stick to solid colors"

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: that would be dumb

not exactly pc, eh?

the solid, saturated color scheme that typified the iMacs of the 90s has progressed to the simpler single color design. Having them go back to colors like that again, is almost like saying they should go back to the black plastic of the even older Mac Laptops.

Why move backward, when they can move forward. I don't think Apple's finished designing new models. You don't think they're all sitting around looking at the iBook and TiPB saying - 'Ok! They're perfect! No more new designs, we can layoff a bunch of employees now, we don't need them....'

Apple's set the design trend before, I'm sure they'll try to do it as long as they can.

D