Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
California
I'm looking to purchase a colorimeter/monitor calibrator and have narrowed my decision to a ColorMunki Display or an i1 Display Pro. Both are made by X-Rite and from the specs page, the only real difference between the two are expanded features (mostly through software) that the i1 has that the ColorMunki doesn't. The difference in price is about $100.

I can see myself using the i1's expanded features in the future but at the moment, I'll need it as a quick monitor calibrator. These are both new but I wanted to ask if anyone here has used either one of these and what you think about it. And even if you haven't used either but are familiar with these type of devices, your thoughts are welcome.

Thanks.

ColorMunki Display and i1 Display Pro spec page.

TheDarkins

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
ColorMunki Display

Hi,

I just ordered one as well, after looking at the discontinued display 2 and the new display pro i went with the ColorMunki Display and saved myself a 100 buck ! , if i ever need to use the settings offered by the Pro version ill just change the software:D

Paul Lindstrom

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
UK
i1 Display Pro is twice as fast

Hi, I've just tested both, and i1 Display Pro is more than twice as fast as the colormunki DISPLAY.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
How these 2 color calibrators compare in 2013? (this thread is 2 years old!) Looking to calibrate my rMBP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.