ColorSync?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by 7on, Jun 4, 2004.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I do not have the PSC-2100 installed on my computer anymore, but yet it insists to still be there in my ColorSync Devices list. Not once but twice. It's just bothersome and I'd rather not want it there. Makes me think HP left something on my computer.

*glares suspiciously at HP*

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The registration is there, but not the device. You can remove those ColorSync files.

3. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

Where are these files to remove? I've already looked in the libraries/colorsync but I couldn't find the deadly files.

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

The best way to find them is to fire up the ColorSync utility (just like in your screenshot) and click on the profile you don't want. That will show exactly where on disk it is stored so you can delete it.

If you're just hunting for files like this, be sure to check both the system-level /Library and your user ~/Library folders. There's also Classic System Folder --> ColorSync Profiles; don't know if OSX reads those, but it might, so wouldn't hurt to clean that out too.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

Whoops, I just realized that it only shows you the path for profiles, not for registered devices. It would seem those get added to the colorsync device list (probably stored in a preference or cache file somewhere) every time you connect something, associating that device with a particular profile.

...in which case, since the utility doesn't seem to have a "delete" option, your only recourse is to locate the file and edit it manually. Good luck--somebody must know where it is.