Colorware Questions

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by Stolid, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Stolid macrumors regular

Jan 29, 2004
    Norfolk, VA, USA
    I've been wanting to get an iPod (and now, quite probably, the iPod mini) for a while; but I am too in love with the color purple :D
    Then I saw colorware ( ) on a TechTV ScreenSavers episode and squeeled with joy - and when I heard minis come in colors I was equally excited... but...
    Minis don't have any 'dark and cool' colors, they're all powdery/bright/pastel, so I went back to looking at Colorware. They have 2 'stock' purples: Mystique and Prowler. Prowler is too -- dark/plumb(?) colored. Mystique seems too - bright. I don't want this to attract a lot of attention by glaring its color into peoples retina (especially as I have a penchant for wearing black dress-shirts and jeans)
    Has anyone got (or seen a friends) Colorware in these colors? They have good reviews from TTV but have there been any bad experiences? And yes; I know I can 'submit a design' but what I want is a flat color and the price is WAYYYYY too high for that compared to stock colors.

(BTW: Here's a good reference for the purple I'm after: )

PS: I've heard I can suggest things like new colors to apple; but I'm depressed since I know it won't come out in the next month or two more than likely :( -- but can anyone give me the URL to that if it does exist?