Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wasimyaqoob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
London, England.
This is amazing,

I was going to order a new MacBook Pro from Apple, however I came across this website on MacForums and I decided I'm gonna have to get one of these.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/

Imagine sitting in your local Starbucks with your Ferrari Red MacBook Pro :)

Its not really too expensive either, I think its amazing!

The technique of painting/coating seems very good, and they have ensured there is no discolourment of years to come.

What do you guys think?

L

Lau

I quite like some of the colours, but I hate the fact the trackpad and keyboard are still white/black/silver. I think it looks really bad. If it was all the same colour that would be much more tempting.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
I wouldn't get a red Macbook Pro. I might consider getting a colored Macbook, or a Black macbook pro, but at the prices they're asking, I'd rather have $600 in my pocket...

btw, why does the service cost $449 when you provide the laptop, and $649 when you buy the Macbook/pro from them?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I quite like some of the colours, but I hate the fact the trackpad and keyboard are still white/black/silver. I think it looks really bad. If it was all the same colour that would be much more tempting.

I would be tempted too if it was all coloured.
But as is, I think it looks awful.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
What happens when there's a battery recall? You end up with a silver corner? :D

wasimyaqoob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
London, England.
I just spoke to Colourware on the phone about Apple Warranty, and Apple will not accept warranty no longer as Colourware has modified it and Apple/AppleCare do not do this. So if you decide to buy one of these laptops, your Apple Warranty will be VOID!

wasimyaqoob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
London, England.
Yeah so was i, i really wanted one of these Colour MacBook Pro's!

However, Colorware offer their own warranty and 1 year additional warranty for $249.

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
282515702_1ab2c2d4e8.jpg

I like mine.....macstyle.com

cherfizzle

macrumors regular
May 9, 2006
Waterford, New York
This is amazing,

I was going to order a new MacBook Pro from Apple, however I came across this website on MacForums and I decided I'm gonna have to get one of these.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/

Imagine sitting in your local Starbucks with your Ferrari Red MacBook Pro :)

Its not really too expensive either, I think its amazing!

The technique of painting/coating seems very good, and they have ensured there is no discolourment of years to come.

What do you guys think?

OMG those things are so cool ha ha.
i might send my imac in to get colored!

register

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2006
I think I'd kill myself before I bought a laptop with the intention of flashing it around a coffee house.
The coloured versions look disgusting. The black looks neutral enough to be passable. But I couldn't bring myself to get a custom paint job on a laptop at the risk of looking like someone who cared enough to give their laptop a custom paint job.

Gosh

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2006
Hmmm! I don't think you need to do anything to a MacBook Pro - they look so cool in aluminium.

Your choice, but long term the metalic candy/apple colour might be better to live with and looks closer to the Red Nano.

Have to say the Techno Blue looks damn good on a MacBook!

MacAnkka

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2006
Finland
Some of the colours are nice, but the lack of apple care and the high premium you have to pay (makes the macbook vs blackbook price difference seem quite small...) are pretty big downsides.

macstyles.com seems quite interesting, though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.