Columbus, OH - Easton Town Center

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by Npalettas, Jun 14, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Npalettas

2. macrumors newbie

I can't wait to wait in line

I am very pleased with the updates. The 3G network follows me all the up to Marysville. I am planning on going to the AT&T Store on Sawmill. Less traffic there, better parking, and much shorter distance. Last year they provided beverages, were fast, organized, and courteous.

3. macrumors newbie

adamlg9876

4. thread starter macrumors member

Npalettas

Depends on the release time of course. Chances are steve is going to have them close down, before reopening around 6 again this year, but your guess is really as good as mine at this point. The in-store activation is sure to make things a bit interesting...

5. Guest

I'll be at Easton on July 11! I will be at the Apple Store at about 1PM. I get off work at noon- dang! I will be there as fast as i can.

6. thread starter macrumors member

Npalettas

That'll be plenty of time, I'm sure. I'd be surprised if we didn't see an evening launch again.

7. macrumors member

I'm trying to decide if I want to go to the Apple Store this time or just hit the AT&T store again. I wonder if there will be a line all the way back through that corridor next to the Apple Store again.

8. macrumors newbie

I'll be there

I was there last time at about 10am and i'll be there about the same this time. Last time apple provided smartwater all day and some of the restaurants delivered food so it really wasnt bad.

I think the highlight for me was when people would ask "what are you in line for?" We had some very creative answers going.

9. macrumors 68020

Xavier

10. Guest

It was crazy on June 29 last year! It was crazy for Leopard too and it may even be crazier with iPhone being only $199. I remember people asking about the lines. When we said iPhone, they knew what we were talking about, but at the Leopard launch, people were lost when we said Leopard, the next version of the Mac operating system.. people were confused. AE should just close their store on July 11..lol.. nobody will be able to get to it!

11. macrumors member

yes, but you also have to take into account that the rate plans are more expensive, so in the long run, the phone isnt any cheaper..idk...do you think getting there at 9am would secure me a phone? (that is, if the phone launches at 6pm)

12. macrumors 68020

Xavier

I would hope. Because I dont want to spend my whole day there and not get the phone :(

13. macrumors newbie

I think it was 12:30 before the line really started picking up last time. I got there at 10 and there were under 30 people there. They havent said much about how many iphones they are going to release but i expect they have more this time around. After the last launch they still had them in stock the next morning and the line was a few hundred people long.

14. macrumors 6502a

Hey all!

I'm new to this Apple thing and have never stood in line for anything like this before. Maybe I should take the day off! I was planning to go to the ATT store on Polaris Parkway, but maybe the Apple Store would be more fun.

Do you guys bring chairs? Does Easton security give you any trouble?

15. macrumors newbie

I always like the line better. Apple kept us nicely hydrated bringing us smartwater all day, Pf changs delivered food to the line. We were allowed to setup chairs and they had part of the street fenced so we werent sitting on the sidewalk. Security only made sure we didnt block the other mall customers. There were a few news people there doing stories so you might end up on tv if they do it again. The biggest downside was the weather was a bit warm but easton security made sure that umbrellas were available. Its a large group of mac fans sitting around how bad can it be.....

16. Guest

I will be getting to the Apple Store at about 1. Should I bring a chair? I never have before but i got tired of standing last time.

17. macrumors newbie

A chair will be alot more comfortable than sitting on the ground for a few hours. The only annoying thing is where to put it when the line starts moving.

18. RRK
    macrumors 6502

RRK

So, since I am in Hilliard, I am in between the AT&T store at Tuttle and the one at Georgesville. Are there big differences between the AT&T stores? Was there anyone in my situation last year?

19. macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I'm headed to Portsmouth, seems like it should be less busy for the iPhone :cool:

20. macrumors member

Yea, Im in Hilliard Too....I think im gonna hit the Tuttle store....The only difference between them is the Georgesville store is much bigger...which means that they could probably activate more phones faster, but i think the Tuttle store should have less line.

21. macrumors newbie

Well, now that we know AT&T stores will be selling starting at 8:00 a.m., what do we think the Apple Stores will do?

I don't want to camp out, but I worry that if I just get there at 8:00 a.m. I could be standing there for quite some time.

Any thoughts?

Scott
    :apple: Dyin' without my iPhone...

22. macrumors 6502

go to apple, it's seriously 1000x more fun. just ask anyone who waited in 2007.

23. macrumors member

Yea, i wish i could, but im only 16, so i gotta wait up for my dad and he wont go to easton, so im stuck with tuttle

.....o and kgarcher, i go to davidson and that darby prank is still awsome

24. macrumors newbie

Camp out?

I have never stood in line for anything in my life. But I am seriously thinking about spending the night at the Apple Store Thursday night. Am I crazy or are other people going to do the same?

25. macrumors 6502