Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by cwosigns, Sep 14, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

cwosigns

I'll be queuing up at Easton. Anyone have a Polaris experience for launches? Security at Easton runs you u off before a certain time.

2. macrumors member

See you there!!

3. macrumors newbie

Polaris

I'll be at Polaris, I was very lonely the last time I did this for the verizon iphone 4 launch, but it was an overall pleasant experience. I doubt I'll be lonely for this one though, but they don't chase people out at Polaris.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

cwosigns

How early did you line up at Polaris?

5. macrumors newbie

Polaris

I lined up right after the store's closing the night before. I called and asked yesterday to see if they're doing that again, and the worker seemed pretty convinced that was the case, but he told me to call back during the week this week to be sure.

6. macrumors member

Ok Polaris sounds better!!! let me know i can do either or

7. macrumors newbie

Will do, I'll call on Monday to see if they have that squared away and I'll post as soon as I know.

8. macrumors member

Cool tks

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

cwosigns

yeah. definitely keep us posted; i land on thursday night (late) from vegas and will probably go home, take a nap, and then go line up at easton or polaris.

10. macrumors member

Last time at Easton they wouldn't let us line up until midnight ish. I'm hoping Polaris will after close since its indoors

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

cwosigns

Got the day off! :) No rush to head into the office after.

12. macrumors 65816

I'm glad I live in a small market that does not camp out the night before, it is nice being able to go to the bars and then hit up the Apple store when it closes at 3 a.m. and be in the top 5.

13. macrumors member

I'm with ya!! Already told mine I'm taking it off or work from home. Where are we going Easton or Polaris

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

cwosigns

I'm torn. Part of me LIKES that security runs you off at Easton because you don't have to get there so early. But...if I can show up at Polaris and hang out and get an earlier spot in line...maybe.

15. macrumors member

Oh we still were there at midnight on 4 launch and ended up about 25 ish in line.

16. macrumors newbie

UPDATE: Talked to the Polaris Apple Store, they said they're doing things differently this time around. The mall will close and doors will open at 5am to wait outside the Apple Store. I'm still gonna head there because I feel like Polaris will get less traffic. Out of the two, I feel it's the one less traveled or so to speak. I'll probs get a decent night's sleep and be there at 3am to camp the outside doors.

17. macrumors member

Agreed.. I'll head to Polaris not sure what time though..

18. macrumors newbie

Yeah like I said, I'm thinking 3am but who knows. My girlfriend said she'd go with me whenever I wanted but I doubt any earlier than like 1am and that's pushing it. It'll get crowded but I don't think a real crowd will show up till 430/5.

19. macrumors newbie

Polaris is the better way to go. Mall is more friendly, employees are friendlier (IMHO). You can wait outside whenever you want. Mall opens doors at 5am to allow for people to line up inside.

20. macrumors regular

I live on campus, I cant decide if I want to go to the Apple store or not...and then which one. I may just go to radioshack because no one will go there compared to ATT and apple stores

21. macrumors newbie

I'm not sure about RadioShack, they apparently have been taking in-store preorders but not guaranteeing phones on Friday, but rather on Monday. I'm from the campus area as well, but will be going to Polaris's Apple Store. It's the safe bet. They have the most stock so even if there's a line from midnight that gets super crazy by opening, it's safe to say that if you get there before at least 5am, you'll be going home with one.

22. macrumors newbie

I agree with Buckeye808. In the past, the crowd vs. supply has been much better at Polaris. The issue with Radio Shack (and other 3rd parties) is that if they get any, its very few vs. hundreds at the Apple Stores. I've typically arrived about 2 hours before opening and had no issues getting the model I want. Could possibly even get there later, but may be a bit riskier given the demand that Apple is reporting.

23. macrumors newbie

I am going to be at Easton early thursday evening. I guess ill sit in my truck and nap till they let people line up. hope to see some of you there

24. thread starter macrumors 6502a

cwosigns

Which entrance at Polaris do folks line up at? I am leaning toward Polaris now. I land around 11:30 PM. Was thinking I'd run home, take a nap and maybe get up around 4 AM, drive by the Easton store and if it looks crazy, head up to Polaris.

25. macrumors newbie