Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by bmwguy80, Mar 24, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Anyone else in Cbus buying one of these things?

2. macrumors newbie

In for one.......

3. macrumors 6502

I have pre ordered one for pickup. What time are you going to get there? I thought about going over about 6am and see what the line is like.

4. thread starter macrumors member

I guess I'll be there at 545 am then. Kidding... Actually I was wondering the same thing. I'm not gonna get there at 0dark:30 like I did for the 3GS. I was thinking about checking out the scene at like 700 or 730.

We were at Easton yesterday and I noticed the Apple Store had a sign at the store entrance that said iPads will be sold on a first come first served basis. I'm guessing that this doesn't apply to those of us that reserved one.

5. macrumors 6502

I'm there and can't wait. Hope the other stores in the Easton area like having all the Apple foot traffic in front of their stores, blocking their entrances. I wonder if they'll wind it to the AMC or the Macy's side?

6. thread starter macrumors member

The lines for all of the iPhone releases have gone towards AMC and then turned left after American Eagle down the corridor towards the parking lot.

7. macrumors newbie

I wish I could be there. I have class on Saturdays (CPA exam crap) and of course this Saturday is my last class session, figures. It lasts all day so I couldn't reserve one for pickup, so I had to preorder and have it shipped. I'm thinking I will drive by to see how the crowd is. I was there for the 3G launch and actually had fun talking to all the Apple fans.

I will be in a white Explorer LOL. Will prob drive by around 7:15-7:30

8. macrumors newbie

I'm planning on getting to the front of the Apple store at exactly 7:00 am. The earliest the Easton Rent-A-Cops let you line up.

9. macrumors regular

tonyburkhart

10. macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Any idea on how many they'll have in stock? I live in Beavercreek, which is about 45 or so mins away from Columbus, and I'd hate to drive all the way for nothing. Well, there's a lot more to do there than there is here. Hmmm... ;)

11. macrumors 6502

so low long is the line? Worth driving down from the polaris area?

12. macrumors regular

tonyburkhart

Line was huge by the time We left.

They were taking reservations first at a ratio of 17 reservations to 1 non-reserved.

I was in the very first group in the store and was super happy with the experience and typical Apple employee helpfulness!

Of course, I am posting this from my iPad :)

The BEST app so far is Netflix!

13. macrumors 6502

Picked mine up at the bestbuy in polaris. got there are 9:00am and there were only 5 people in line. They had 15 / model