Columbus, Ohio

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rizzy, Jun 9, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Who all is planning to wait for the new iPhone at the Apple Store at Easton?

I have never waited for an Apple product at the actual Apple store before. I have always done it at AT&T and Best Buy in the past. I think this year I am going to do it at the Apple store just to try it one time.

Who else is going?

2. macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Was gonna go for the iPad but pulled out at the last minute. I still don't have the iPad (waiting for Rev 2.).

As far as the iPhone 4, I think I'm just going to get it online this time around.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Seems like a lot of people are going this route this time around.

4. macrumors regular

Fed-ex delivers and time=money !

5. thread starter macrumors member

The only reason I would wait in line is so I can get it earlier and still be able to get to work mid morning.

6. macrumors member

I'll be there, along with a few friends. It will be my first Apple "launch line" experience, and I'm psyched! :D

Anyone planning on pre-ordering on the 15th and then picking up on launch day?

7. macrumors 6502

I will be preordering and picking up on launch day...

8. macrumors newbie

This is what I plan on doing. See you there on the 24th! Say, 7am?

9. macrumors regular

So I am considering porting my number from Sprint for the new iPhone. My question is if I decide to campout at the Apple store(easton) can Apple handle all of my account creation/ porting of my number right in the store? Also would they be able to apply my employee discount to my contract or would I have to go into ATT for that? Thanks in advance.

10. macrumors 6502

You should check with ATT first. I had a corp discount on my line and when the 3G launched I waited in line only to find out that since my line was considered "business", due to the discount, that I had to go to ATT directly.

11. macrumors 6502

Am thinking I am going to line up at Walmart instead...j/k. Funny though that they will be selling the Iphone 4 @ launch. Since they are 24/7 will we be able to get one at 12:01am on the 24th?

12. thread starter macrumors member

I know ATT stores are opening at 7am on launch day. I would assume the Apple store would do the same, no?

13. macrumors 6502

Anyone know what time the preorders start tomorrow, Tuesday?

14. macrumors 6502

15. macrumors 6502

Just pre-ordered mine for pickup at Easton on the 24th...will see ya'll there

16. thread starter macrumors member

Got mine pre-ordered to pick up at Easton.

Now just to figure out a time to get there in the morning on the 24th.

17. macrumors 6502

how about 6:59am and watching everyone's face as you walk past the line and pick up your iphone...i am sure its going to be a zoo the night before although the Easton "Paul Blarts" will probably get on their power trips and force people to not stand in line on Wed night.

18. thread starter macrumors member

I have never been to the Apple store for a launch. Do they move people through pretty quick on launch day or is it slow?

I did the AT&T store for the 3G launch and it was super slow as they only had 8-10 people being activated at a time.

19. macrumors regular

Can they do that? I have gone to see a movie in Easton before when the mall was closed and no one bothered us walking through. Where would we go if they refused to let us line up?

20. macrumors 6502

I called the apple store, and apparently you can't line up until 6 am, those security guys wont let you stand in line. So save some sleep. I'll be there at 545 and just bum rush it when they allow people to be in line.

21. macrumors 6502

I say we all show up at the Tim Hortons around the corner from Easton at 5am and trek over there at 5:30 and get lined up. What is Paul Blart going to do? Ask us to leave? We say no. They have no authority to kick us out or forcibly remove us. By the time Columbus PD gets the call, it gets prioritized low in their call queue, and then gets dispatched to two available officers it will be well past 6am. I have never been there that early for a launch but think it would be cool to experience.

22. macrumors 6502

All the security can do is ask you to leave. If you say "no" they have no authority to physically touch you or remove you from the premises. If they touch you its assault and you can have the security guards arrested. All those security guys can do is ask. They are eyes and ears. Do you really think Columbus PD is going to worry about a group of people who are not causing problems lining up for a phone...please..they have more issues to deal with vs these clowns.

23. macrumors regular

This completely changes my game plan.. I wonder if anyone could call Easton and see if they would adjust the policy for the day? Did anyone camp at this location before? No WAY could I risk just showing up at 6am without a reservation.. What if EVERYONE else just camped regardless of Mr. Blart? Then I am out an iPhone. This entire launch is a mess.. Wish I could have gotten one of the 2k tries to reserve to work..

24. macrumors 6502

Guys, I seriously doubt if we show up at opening time that there is not enough iphones to go around. Isn't it true each store gets 1000+ in stock? Its not like the ps3 with only 30 to go around. I've been reading on the iphone/3g/3gs launches, seems like almost always in stock throughout the day, ending in the afternoon.

25. thread starter macrumors member

With the huge amount of pre-orders that took place, are the stores even going to have stock to just sell people that don't have a reservation?