Columbus Zoo

Discussion in 'Community' started by krhodus, Oct 14, 2003.

1. krhodus macrumors member

krhodus

I know i have been inactive for awhile (school is killing me), but I thought up this thread. What do people think of the Columbus Zoo? I volunteered there (ZooAide) there almost everyday this summer. I have spend a lot of time with Wings of Flight (about 50-60 hours this summer). I wanted to know what others thought of the zoo?

Kevin

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My connection to the Columbus Zoo is that I'm a native Buckeye. Born in Midldletown, Ohio. Back on topic, the most famous person form there is Jack Hanna, Director Emeritus. Always look forward to him bringing his animals on the "David Letterman Show."

3. krhodus thread starter macrumors member

krhodus

most of the animals that are on tv shows are animals I have worked with (wings animals). I have seen jack around the zoo many times, and meet him 1 or 2 times. He is a really nice guy, and is at the zoo a lot with his family.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Do you plan to make this type of work a career? I think that it would be a very rewarding career.

I'm happy to know that he is as nice in person as he seems on TV. To me it would take a special type of person to do this type of work. That same type of quality to be in medicine, like a doctor or nurse.

I have started investigating being a foster parent with monkeys. It is a program with "Helping Hands For The Disabled."