Comanche Mac Joystick?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ArmoredFist, Dec 8, 2005.

1. ArmoredFist macrumors newbie

Hey Folks,

I just inherited a free G3 Powerbook 233Mhz. I promptly got Comanche Mac from e-bay to put it to good use. I need a joystick to play this cool game but am beginning to think I need to break into a computer museum or something to find one.

The joystick port looks like a wasp's nest or a honeycomb or something. Where the flying heck can I find a joystick that'll work? I don't want to blow $50.00 on a USB port and USB stick.

I'm obviously very new to Macs but am loving this OS9 machine and want to use it for MechWarrior 2 and any other game I can find to run on it.

Thanks...- - Armored Fist

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Search for ADB joysticks, most of which were made by Gravis. I have a Mousestick II, which was okay, and another, whose name I don't remember (Firebird maybe?) but it was rather expensive.

None of the joysticks were all that good but they worked.

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Ahhh the good old days of OS 9 and Mechwarrior, if only they made a version for OS X.

I used to have a Gravis Mouse Stick check out around ebay and other online second hand type sellers or even MR's own buying andn selling forum.

4. ArmoredFist thread starter macrumors newbie

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I suppose it's possible to use USB with it, but you'll be more likely to get an ADB joystick to match. I might be able to provide drivers for either of my old ones. I'll have to see what I've got out there but I'll probably be lazy and wait until you find something, I suppose.