Combine Apps in Dock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Elrond39, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Elrond39 macrumors 6502

I may be imagining things, but I seem to remember seeing a program a while back that allows you to group application together (by type, or whatever) into a single "group". This "group" would be the only remaining icon in the dock: essentially it's like making a folder with application shortcuts, but smooth and elegant. Problem is, all I can remember is that the resulting dock icon was a black square with rounded edges... Not a lot to go on, eh? If anyone has any idea what I mean, or knows of some other program which would do the same...... :confused:

2. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

not sure what its called, but yes i have heard of a program that does this

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If you cant find it, you can make a folder, put a bunch of application aliases in it, and drag it to the dock next to the trash can... then open a menu for it by right clicking. It might not be quite as elegant as what youre looking for, but it sounds like the same type of thing.

EDIT: Might this be what you are looking for? http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19372

4. Elrond39 thread starter macrumors 6502

I found it just now. Don't even ask me how, because I literally stumbled across it: it's called Overflow. :)

I must have the worst memory ever! :D