Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Is there any way to combine .dmg files? I have like 4 different .dmg files for 1 game, you need all of them to play, is there any way of combining them so i don't have to mount each one to run the game?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
JzzTrump22 said:
Is there any way to combine .dmg files? I have like 4 different .dmg files for 1 game, you need all of them to play, is there any way of combining them so i don't have to mount each one to run the game?

Can you create a new disk image in Disk Utility, and copy the contents of each of the previous disk images into it? I guess it would depend on the file structure on the disks and how the game was programmed. But if the files don't overlap on the four disks (like they don't all have a huge file called contents.dat on the root of the image, that contains everything, but is different on each disk, or something silly like that) then you should be able to. If they do all have the same name, you might be able to make four directories within your disk image, such as "Disk1" etc, and then put the contents in the directories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.