Combining images to make panoramic ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Macmadant, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

ell, i'm no photoshop expert but i know i little about it, i've got as far as placing the images on a canvas but the colours don't match up is there anyway to correct the colours to make them match ?
    Cheers

So to combine 3 images so to produce something like this, for example

Attached Files:

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Google "enblend."

You can also try Calico.

This is 6 images around and one up, perfectly blended with enblend.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      60.4 KB
      Views:
  3. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cheers igary, i think i'll go with calico, unless you think enbled is better btw could you answer this question in this thread

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Yikes, not much of a designer here - but hopefuly BV or Lau will answer - they are both truly talented.

5. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol, thanks anyway i'll post my image when i finish it

6. mcmadhatter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

There is a guide to doing panoramas in photoshop manually
    In this thread (down the bottom)

I find that with the gradient blending mehtod, the colours blend pretty well, I guess it doesn't solve the root problem of different colours though, what camera are you using? you could try locking the exposure settings in future.

7. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cheers,
    BTW iGary when i used both Pieces of software i get an error message, am i doing anything wrong, i just dragged the images onto the drop zone in both pieces of software, do i have to do something special the messages are below including the preview icons i arranged on the desktop, i don't know if you can see but the colours aren't that much off but still noticeable my camera is a Casio 6m pixel don't have a clue which model will have to check

Attached Files:

8. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Not sure without being in front of my Mac at home, but I think Enblend requires TIFF.

9. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes it said something about that in the error log, looks like enblend is out of the picture:D

10. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Why not convert your images to TIFF :confused: Enblend makes a huge difference.

11. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

How ?

12. uaaerospace macrumors 6502

Open the images in Preview. Then go File > Save As and select the tiff option.

13. ChrisA macrumors G4

How to convert to TIFF? depends of the software you are using. Try File-> Save As or File-> Export.

14. 21stcenturykid macrumors 6502

try panorama maker it came packaged with my Nikon coolpix. its very good! i dont know if you can d/l it anywhere but i do recomend it!

15. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Would photoshop do it

16. uaaerospace macrumors 6502

Of course. Go File > Save As. Select tiff as the Format. Happy Stitching.

17. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

still no luck, this is in enblend:mad: am i doing something wrong am i meant to have it set on something on my camera

Attached Files:

18. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, but if I'm going to do it without those free ones i'll do it in photoshop,
    nonetheless thanks for the info

19. qpawn macrumors member

When shooting panos, I always make sure I overlap my images by at least 33%. My point and shoot even has a tic-tac-toe board overlay that i use to help. :)

20. iGary Guest

iGary

I've done it in JPG - in PTMac mind, not PTBatch.

21. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Another tip: never use automatic anything for Pano. photos. ALWAYS have the camera in full manual so that the exposure doesn't change as you move the camera.

22. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Heh. Yeah, I'm learning that even after shooting pano's for almost two years.

forgive me if I hijack this thread... I shoot in manual, but have had White Balance set to Auto on my D70s. As I become more experienced, I also become more critical of my own work. Dealing with pink and blue digital images is starting to piss me off :cool: Time to get back in to learning mode. I may have to bite the bullet and start shooting in RAW at the expense of time added to my pano work flow.

23. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes i have overlapped my photos but i don't know what i'm doing wrong in calico ??? is says it has no images matching when i try to align them as shown in my above post

24. iGary Guest

iGary

I always wondered how you were so efficient - actually impressed and amazed. I always end up shooting in RAW because Hans, Eric and the other gurus beat it into me, but then ai did a few houses in jpg. I was hell, this is so fracking quick. :D

Then, yeah, the realization came in.

I shhot in AV at f9.0 (because I don't have as nice a lense as Cooknn) and usually dial in at .5 focus. That usualy worked, but jpg just doesn't work for me usually - and Cooknn is right, the more you do it, the more flaws you find.