Combining iTunes Libraries?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by munckee, Jun 4, 2006.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

I'm finally getting my old computer to my new home and it has my old iTunes library on it. Is there some way to copy that library into my existing one without having to deal with duplicates, etc by hand?

2. sprstu macrumors member

sprstu

as far as duplicates go, your itunes will pick them out for you. with the itunes open, go to "edit" and click on "show duplicate songs". it should be near the bottom of the "edit" window.

3. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

K. How about combining the libraries? Anyone know of an easy way to do this, or do I have to just go in and copy by hand?

4. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

There is a setting which looks for all music on the computer and puts it all in one place. I'm presuming you've got Mac's, so if you go into firewire drive mode on the old computer, plug it into the new you should be able to use this function to combine the two.

Shame I can't remember what its called! Anyone remember? I'll check when I get home if I don't remember in the next 30 min...

EDIT: Consolidate Library!! That's it. Its in the Advanced tab in preferences. Should work. And it takes playlists and playcounts with it.

5. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks!