combining jpg's to pdf

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ftaok, Jul 29, 2005.

1. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I've scanned in a couple of pages in a magazine and they're in jpg format. I wanted to combine several of these jpgs and make one multipage pdf file. I found an application (freeware) called CombinePDF and I've downloaded it from VersionTracker and the developer's site. The problem is that the .sit file is empty after unzipping.

Anyone have any thoughts or alternatives.

I running Tiger 10.4.1

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

1) File --> Print all the JPEGs to PDF files
    2) Download PDFLab software (free) and use that to merge them all into one document.

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

If you have Adobe Acrobat, it will make pdf's/multiple from jpg file(s). Obviously, if you don't, you can't do it that way. Here's another link for download from monkeybread. It unzipped fine on my desktop, but I haven't tried it. Hope you get it done.
    http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/Freeware/CombinePDFs.shtml
    X

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Another enthusiastic vote for PDFLab -- one of the utilities I could not live without.

5. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

Another useful program for this sort of thing is GraphicConverter. Indispensible.

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...just paste all the jpg files into a new TextEdit document and insert a page break between them (if desired)...then save as a pdf from the print function....no additional software required.....oh yeah!

7. ftaok thread starter macrumors 601

ftaok

THANKS!

Thanks for the replies.

I downloaded PDFLab and it works great. Incidentally, PDFLab works with jpg files just fine. You can add the jpg's right onto the PDFLab window and it'll convert it to pdf.

I love it.

ft