Combining Movies Software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i4k20c, Jun 21, 2006.

1. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

Hello,
    I found some old video clips from my friend messing around with his car at the track. I took a couple of 30 second clips of videos of his car. Problem is, now they are seperate videos, anyway i can make this into one 2 minute video instead of four 30 second videos? :confused:

thank you. :eek:

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

you could just load them all into iMovie and save it as a long one.

3. mrwizard macrumors newbie

clarification

To combine two or more movie/video clips into one movie you can just bring the separate clips into iMovie as if you were editing them (put them in the timeline across the bottom of the window) and then in the File menu select Export. You want to export your combined move as a 'Full Quality' movie. This will create a large Quicktime DV (digital video) file, but it will not lose any of its resolution or audio quality.

If you want to turn it into a smaller movie that you can put on a web site or email to somebody you can play with the settings in the Export window (instead of selecting 'Full Quality' select one of the other settings from that menu instead). There are many options for you to choose from and they all will have an effect on the size of the movie window, the quality of the video, and the quality of the sound, but most of all the settings will change the size of the file once it has been saved. Of course, the smaller the file, the poorer the movie quality. So you will need to experiment and decide for yourself how much you compress the movie to suit your needs.