Comcast cable modem......

Discussion in 'Community' started by Chisholm, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Chisholm macrumors regular

Chisholm

I've had Comcast cable modem for 2 and a half years now and love it. Comcast as a company, imho, blows. They sent out a notice localy back in September to notify customers of rate changes. Things like remote rental, cable set top box rental, channel packages, etc. went up or down (!!!) by less than .25 per month. With one exception: cable modem subscribers that do not subscribe to cable tv have a $10per month rate increase! If you are a cable modem subscriber that does subscribe to cable tv there is no change.:mad: I choose to for over my $120 month to DirecTV because of their superior service and offerings.

I found this shocking. Unfortunately, we have no alternatives for cable around here.

Makes me want to go buy a super soaker and go postal down at the Comcast office. HHmmm maybe I will on my way home from work tomorrow.

sorry, just venting.
    cheers!

2. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Hey Chisholm. One word for you Bellsouth. Get DSL man. I am in the same boat, and same city, with the ****ty service from Comcast. I too am a DirecTV guy, so I feel your pain. We had decided to switch to BellSouth, but just moved to a part of T-Town were neither is available.

3. medea macrumors 68030

medea

hah I used to do tech support for bellsouth, maybe theyve changed but that the most outages and issues of any isp Ive ever come across. and most of the techs there are dumbas$es. I've heard about this rate change and I agree that it's pretty crappy, I use comcast myself for both TV and internet access and have had little issues with them but all of those issues as small as they were ended up being a pain in the ass to fix because comcast's techs are also dumbas$es. Internet has always been fine, but some of the digital tv channels become pixelated way too frequently and constantly but Im hoping since I just moved this may get better, DSL is not an option for me because I have completely abandoned our local phone company sprint and I wouldnt waste my time with sat. access.

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Re: Comcast cable modem......

At least you don't have Adelphia as a cable company. Adelphia's "cable access fee" for non-subscribers can be upwards of $20/month. :rolleyes:

My only hope is that Adelphia goes bankrupt in the near future.

5. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Re: Re: Comcast cable modem......

don't worry, since comcast aquired at&t's access Im sure it's only a matter of time before the same happens to Adelphia......:D
    and then comcast will rule the world:eek: