Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
Hey everyone. I havea 6 Plus with a Comcast email account, Since Ive had comcast for years and different sorts of iphone for years I have never had a problem receiving email on my phone until now. I went into settings and it push is on as well as fetch every 15 minutes, as I said until a weel ago I would always get email thru the day, Not any more. This morning I woke up and had 8 emails on my mac but when i went to my phone, the bottom part of the screen when I went to the emial app it says updated yesterday when I did it manually. It seems the only way Im getting email is to check it manually even though thats not selected in settings. Ive tried resetting the iphone as well no go. Any ideas? thanks

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
I have Comcast email but use Xfinity Connect app and it works perfectly. Lots of various settings include the options for push/fetch with sound notifications

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Maybe has to do with Comcast emails going to IMAP from POP. Perhaps delete the email account on the phone and create it new, set for IMAP that way whatever you do on one device gets automatically update on all devices with the IMAP email account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.