comfortable headphones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by oldschool, Jul 7, 2005.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

okay so there are probably a million threads on headphones, but i have a specific question.

the stock apple ipod earbuds don't fit well in my ears/aren't comfortable. I bought a pair of sony in-ear buds, but those give me a headache, and block out too much other sound (good for loud areas, not good for silent study as u can hear every sound inside your head).

Can anybody suggest some COMFORTABLE headphones? probably earbuds, but i'm open to suggestion. and i dont' care about sound quality.

2. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

oh and cords really bother me...has anybody came across some that have a very unobtrusive cord?

3. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

If earbuds are uncomfortable, you have two options. One, there is a company which makes custom earbuds based on a mold of your ear. They are expensive, but probably feel and sound great:

http://www.ultimateears.com/custom/global__index.html

Two, you can get over the ear type phones (good for home listening, not so good for mobile listening). I have the Sony 7506 professional headphones, which sound amazing to me. Deep bass, crystal clear highs. They are the best headphones I have ever listened to, and I have tried several more expensive pairs. The Sonys are in the $100 range. They are PERFECT for dance/pop music. I have honestly had to take my headphones off on several occasions when listening with a good amplifier because I SWORE the speakers must also be playing, the bass was that full and powerful (but they weren't).

4. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

if bass is too powerful can it damage your hearing?

5. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

Huh, what did you say? Speak up.