Coming from a Laptop with Dedicated Graphics/ Core2Duo 2.26GHz

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ethics101, Dec 3, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Apr 16, 2011
    I'm not very versed when it comes to benchmarks, but I'm coming from a laptop that has a 2.26GHZ T8400 Core2Duo with a Nvidia 9600m GT. As I don't do much other than youtube, excel, vba, access, HTML, 1080p video, I was looking to ditch the dedicated graphics. Will speed be a problem if I switch over to the base 13 MBA? I'm just hoping I don't end up with a very very expensive netbook.
  2. macrumors 6502

Oct 19, 2011
    The 2011 MBA can power a 27" Thunderbolt display, so a 1080p video is no problem for it.

Dont worry about it. A 2011 MBA can handle all of those tasks with ease.
  3. macrumors 6502

Sep 16, 2011
    The Air is by no means a netbook. In fact for many people it's serving as a desktop replacement. The 13" MBA will do you fine.
  4. macrumors 6502

Apr 25, 2011
    Yeah I'm coming from the same exact graphics chip and a slightly slower CPU, but I know that the CPU is definitely a lot better on the air, and I think the graphics are more of a lateral move, not better but not really worse either.

So while it may seem that after 2 years (which is how old my computer is; yours is probably similar to have the same graphics), Apple should be able to come up with something better, at least it's not anything worse.