Command & Conquer Generals coming to Mac OS!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Falleron, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You really should show some enthusiasm for it. You seem so reserved. ;)

It looks as though Aspyr is going to make more Macintosh users happy.

3. TheFallGuy macrumors member

TheFallGuy

Could be they're Aspyring to please us! Heh sorry couldn't resist.:D

But anyway that sounds great. I've really enjoyed C&C for PCs. I wasn't too thrilled with Yuri's Revenge, but oh well. I'm getting my PB today, so I'll get to play around with it this weekend. That is between trying to make up my homework and make out with gf.:D :p

4. Chealion macrumors regular

5. jadariv macrumors regular

Great! I was so disappointed with WarCraft 3 and there has been little in the way of RTS's for the Mac. Can't wait.

6. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Hmmm i don't know. I have played it on the PC and i wasn't all that impressed by it. It just the same thing as before but in 3-D with some stupid ranking structure tacked on.

So far the only 2 decent RTS games i have played still havn't been surpassed.

TA and Warzone 2100.

I Wish they were for the mac instead (well TA is but its showing its age, it was released in 1997).

Warzone on the other hand had alot more then than what C&C has got now.

However if you are happy then fine but i'm not thrilled by it being released, i'm just happy a "big game" is coming to the platform, all the better for anybody else.

7. Oirectine macrumors regular

Oirectine

HOORAY!

I saw this earlier today and I was so excited! Command and Conquer was the first computer game I ever really played. I remember losing so horribly on the first mission the first time I played at a friend's house... Ah, memories! HOORAY! :-D

8. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!
    WHOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOO!!!!ok i think im good

WHOOOOOOHOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

9. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

This is exciting, I wasted many hours of my life playing the original version. I can't wait.....:)

10. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

11. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

I still play the original C&C sometimes over my little network at my house. Its always good for a laugh.

I think C&C Generals will do great on the Mac since not many of the C&C games have come to the Mac. Always wondered why the others did not make it to the mac.

12. lewdvig macrumors 65816

CC: G may be better now. It was quite poor when first released on the PC. The two biggest issues were:

1. System requirements
    2. Bugs

For sure the bugs are fixed by now, but the system requirements were/are steep.

13. alphaone macrumors 6502

Meh. By the time this game comes out (and it looks like a game I would love btw) I'll have my gaming PC built :( :) :( :) :p

14. MBMatt11 macrumors newbie

This is the best news I've heard. General's would have been the only reason for me to keep my pc after I got my G5 in around April. As long as it allows me to play online with pc computers (can anyone confirm this) and if the expansion is ported before I got my G5 i will have no use for a pc. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!