command-F is weak!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ero87, May 15, 2006.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

I often use command-F to search for a word/phrase in a word document, safari window, etc. However, instead of REALLY bringing your attention to what it finds, it lightly highlights it. I often hafta search around for another 10 seconds to find what's been highlighted!

Does anyone know any 3rd party things (or, preferably, OSX preferences) that can make found text more visible? Like, make it zoom into the text for a sec, then zoom out?

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

You might prefer firefox's search to Safari. And did you know that you can change the highlight color in system preferences--Appearance?

3. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Give this suggestion a try. It should help.

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

hmm I tried it, not too much better. Plus, I'm a big fan of the light-blue highlight color system-wide.

I think my issue is more with the placement on the page. When a tiny word is highlighted, it could be on any random part of the page. I like the FireFox search better though, you're right... But I like to use all apple-made apps :)

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Have you tried Pages, then? Its search function tends to place the word at the center of the screen (however, this can even be behind the search box - ugh!).