Command+Home in Gmail not working...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Racktacular, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Racktacular macrumors regular

I have noticed that while running Firefox and trying to compose an e-mail in GMail that the command+home key shortcut doesn't work. This is supposed to bring the cursor to the beginning of the line, but it doesn't work. The command+end key shortcut works and all other shortcuts works, except for the command+home shortcut.

This is not a problem with Safari in GMail so I know it is either a Firefox or GMail issue.

I will also say that this is not a problem on other websites (like this one) when trying that shortcut while typing a post. It works just fine, which makes me think that it is a GMail issue.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way around this as it is VERY VERY frustrating having to move the cursor all the way to the front of a line instead of using the shortcut.

TIA!

-Rack

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

3. Racktacular thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah. Sorry I have a MB and forgot that those with different Mac's may have different key layouts. So for me to go to the beginning a line I have to use the command+ left arrow(home key). It won't work in the situation described in my first post.

Thoughts?

4. mulan604 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem.
    CMD + left arrow works for everything but gmail