Commander in Chief

Discussion in 'Community' started by question fear, Sep 27, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

question fear

Who here saw "Commander in Chief"? I thought it was incredibly well written, Geena Davis did an amazing job, as did Donald Sutherland. I think if they continue on the path they were on tonight, addressing the types of issues a female president would encounter, rather than skirting them, it could be a very compelling drama.
    Any thoughts?

2. macrumors 68020

It hasnt started here yet... I'll post after I watch it.

3. macrumors 68020

Wow! That was a great show! :)

4. macrumors newbie

Haven't seen the show yet, I'll give my comments when I see it... :)

5. macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Just finished watching it on tape and enjoyed it very much. I was hoping it would be decent and it more than surpassed my expectations. Fine performances, good storylines and not the least bit boring giving the political nature of the show.

Now there is something entertaining and engrossing to follow "The Biggest Loser" on Monday evening ... this one may actually prove to be a bonafide winner.

6. macrumors 6502

I thought it was aweful. The acting was bad. The actors timing was all off, but it is a new show so maybe it will take a few episodes for them to get in a good rthym

7. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

didn't watch it, but read that the ratings were exceptionally high

8. macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I thought "Commander And Chief" was terrible. Geena Davis has to be the worst actress on the face of the earth. The pace of the show was way too slow, the supporting cast was decent (they could have been much better), the story was OK. I thought the only good thing about the show was Donald Sutherland.

9. macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Female president of the united states? Yeah, right. We're destined to have white rich yuppies for presidents forever. Since the creation of the country until its demise, that's how it will be. Why? Because there's no way in hell the government would let a "minority" in the leading role. No way at all. Doesn't mean I don't want to see it, I'm just being real here.

Nice fantasy story though.

Didn't care to watch it. I think I was watching Arrested Development or somethign when it came on.