Comments on this one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Whistleway, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Whistleway macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2005
    I am waiting for a ibook, as this will be first laptop. Yesterday, I was in Samsclub for the July 4th purchase, but, i happened to see this HP laptop and i thought it was reasonable. Any comments would be appreciated. I would have to put some distro or atleast use the FlyakiteOSX. What about the specs of this laptop? Please advise. SamsClub HP Laptop - Model: dv1315cl

thanks !!
  2. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    I'm sure you could find a comparable iBook. The fact that you will get OS X.4.1 and not Windows XP SP 2 (while also needing adware and spybot and virus scan software) is the deciding factor. Are you affiliated with a school or university? You'll get education discounts if so.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
  4. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    I say go for the iBook G4. Yes, the HP is faster but it is running Windows :(
    Why put up with windblows when you can have a nice iBook running Mac OS???

But if you want a nice portable PC laptop this one has some nice specs.
    -Although HP/Compaq computers are not known for being very reliable :eek:
  5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    If you are going to go for a PC laptop steer clear of HP they are generally not very nicely built and use cheap components and therefore wont last long.....I'd get a iBook anyday over that HP.

If you get a PC laptop go for a Sony Vaio, Dell, or IBM...