commercial after coldplay on SNL last saturday?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by swingerofbirch, May 26, 2005.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I feel like I am in the twilight zone as everything minutely Mac seems to be reported on this site, so maybe I was just seeing things.

Last Saturday evening after Coldplay performed, I was talking to a friend on the phone and not really paying attention to SNL, but then I saw the Apple logo above http://www.itunes.com but it was above not one of those silhouette ads, but rather a real life scene of some sort. The thing is the ONLY part I saw was the very ending, but I thought I heard the audio say something about Coldplay? Like an iTunes coldplay connection? Did anyone else see this commercial? Has it been posted????? Am I hallucinating?

I had been checking this site from time to time to see if anyone mentioned it.........

2. zach macrumors 65816

zach

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

4. swingerofbirch thread starter macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    like i said, i only saw the logo at the end, what was in the ad? has it been replayed? thanks for the replies btw

5. starcrossed macrumors regular

Yeah i noticed the ad, and assumed at first it was just a commercial to promote the new Coldplay album, but was shocked when the Apple logo and iTunes.com text appeared at the end. A pretty neat idea that promotes not only the band but Apple. It would've been neat for the commercial to state that it would an iTunes online exclusive album or will feature bonus tracks but I think the label would think it would take away from physical cd sales. But it the way it was would at least interest the public to see if iTunes actually had the album before the stores but actually comes across their pre-order promotion.