Common stores w/ Mac Games. (existant?)

Discussion in 'Games' started by iZzle, Oct 17, 2004.

1. iZzle macrumors member

I can't find any! Does anyone know of some retail stores with Mac games? The closest Apple Store is Dallas (2.5 Hours)
    Come on Best Buy, You have 3 rows with 2 sides on each of PC. The only game they have anywhere is WC/SC bc its hybrid.
    It would be nice if anyone lives in Shreveport and knows of any. Thanks yall.

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

CompUSA.

3. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. But, the closest is 2 hours away. Now that I think about it, when we go to Dallas for debate I may just try to drop in the Apple Store. Ahh, Shreveport! I love thee......(fele the sarcasm?)

4. russed macrumors 68000

russed

if its any help, pc world in the uk has some! though to be homest i would rather stay out of there!

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's a shame that more companies don't release hybrid games. It's really only Blizzard that does it these days :(

6. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

Yep! And the games are great.

7. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

One of my local Gamestops has a a couple rows of the latest mac games. I don't know if you have one in Shreveport but it's worth a try. I still contend that the best place to search for games is online.

8. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

THANKYOU! There IS hope. They're building a GameStop by January. :D

9. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Not to sound negative, but I wouldn't get you hopes up. The local gamestop (which is 2 hours away) used to sell mac games. They had a whole self dedicated to mac games. Now they don't sell any mac games except from Blizzard. What's so sad now is GameStop's pc selection is also shrinking. Once, Pc games took up an entire wall, while the consoles took up the other. Now consoles and handhelds take up about 2/3 of the store. I have also noticed this trend at EB stores also.

10. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

Oh nop problem. I just hope not. :(

11. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

do what i do order online when i do that they get shipped to my door within a few days and most the time i can find online coupons or other types of deals and save $$$
    or on the flip side you can be like my friends and even how i used to be till i read about mac piracy and specifically Halo for mac
    buy the pc version of the game to make your self feel like alright to download the mac version
    or even worse just download them although id do the first option i mentioned

12. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Usually for Mac games I'll get 'em from gogamer.com... but if I really really need it I just head to the local university book shop... they tend to sell Mac stuff on some University campuses so you might check there if there's a U closer to you.

13. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Not many places are going to stock mac games. You can ethier drive 2 hours to your "local" apple store or order off of amazon.com.
    they stock mac games.

14. iZzle thread starter macrumors member

Yes we do have a university...thanks for the tip. ill check there next. :D
    Yeah, I'm that's what I'll have to do if GS doesn't end up having them. Where are some sites you've seen coupons on (if you don't mind)? And what did you read about mac piracy?:confused:

15. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

i believe insidemacgames had a article on piracy as well as some places i cant recall
    as for coupons some sites say they have limited time coupon code or the software section of dealmac sometimes has some game coupons

16. applekid macrumors 68020

What the hell? You're promoting piracy, from what I'm reading. :mad: