Communication Madness

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Jan 18, 2006.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    so i was wondering.. with all the forms of communication available today, how do you know when to use what? lets see, we have email, sn, text messaging, instant messaging, chatting, ircing, forum posting, bulletins etc etc! i mean lets say you wanna call someone.. how do you know if you should

A) text them what you wanna say

B) multimedia text them what you wanna say

C) record a message to save for later, then send them the recorded message

D) instant message them over your phone via aim

E) just end up calling them :p

i mean heck, in our digital world we have so many options for doing the same thing.. it makes me wonder.. "jeez, how did they do it twenty years ago"...
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    just do whatever is convienent. thats the point of technology.
  3. aquajet macrumors 68020

Feb 12, 2005
    I prefer the pony express myself. If I need to communicate a bit quicker, I've found morse code to work well. Otherwise, I'll begrudgingly use iChat or ;)
  4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    I really dont care what form i do it in as long as they get it. I just use all, whatever is in the front of me at that time.

5. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    hehe yeah i guess use whatever makes sense at the time your using it eh?
  6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    If I want a record to refer back to, then it's an email.

If I want an immediate answer to a topic that covers a number of issues, it's by phone.

People here in the office rely too much on email which usually means endless clarifying follow-up emails when an internal call on their extension can clear things up in a matter of seconds...