Community getting cancelled by NBC

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rien333, Nov 18, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

So sad... Any Community fans here? Thoughts on the show? Personally I hope NBC changes their mind, but maybe it is just not being wachted enough.

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

My wife watches it, I never really got into it. It seems like the humor is quirkier and harder to get into than most of the more popular (and maybe less intelligent) shows on television.

3. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I watched the first 2 seasons last summer and really enjoyed it. I gave up this season after 3 or 4 episodes.

4. macrumors 68020

Mac'nCheese

5. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

wtf is community?

----------

Exactly.

6. macrumors G3

Kilamite

I love this TV show. It's really awesome, and there's a lot of cool/geeky references that I guess less intelligent people wouldn't get or enjoy.

And season 3 has been awesome so far.

7. macrumors 68040

boss.king

I watch it but I'm not surprised they want to cancel it. The jokes have gotten pretty weak and predictable. Season 2 wasn't all that great.season 3 has its moment but that's not enough to save it.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

It is not getting cancelled guys! Yay! :) It just won't be in NBC's mid-season(?) line up, and will continue in the future. (This was stated by NBC, not just some random guy on the internet.)

9. macrumors regular

phyzics101

Paintball episode got me hooked to this show.
    The episode with 7 different probabilities tells you how brilliant this show is.

10. macrumors 604

anjinha

That episode was absolutely amazing!

11. macrumors member

I like the show, and will be sad if it's cancelled.. It's pretty creative, not boring like most comedy out there right now.. love me some Abed!

12. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Community is a product of poor writing. The people on it, most of them rather, are all funny as stand-up comedians. I can only imagine it's the writers who need to be fired. Best way to do that is cancel the show and watch the stronger actors flourish on other shows.

I'm glad it's being cancelled. This season was beyond stupid.

13. macrumors G3

Kilamite

Do explain what was stupid and why?

14. Guest

Surely

I'm actually pretty surprised that it's being cancelled. It's still better than a lot of the other crap that's on.

However, I will agree that this season has been weaker than the earlier seasons, but I can still appreciate how creative it is. It's just not formulaic enough to survive, I suppose.

15. macrumors 601

OneMike

Never heard of that show so can't speak on it.

However, after getting Netflix. Being a person that doesn't watch TV. Almost every show I do like, I never heard of it till it was cancelled/ended.

The one show I do watch on TV is The Walking Dead. Overall though, no time for TV.

16. macrumors 6502a

jca24

Good, the show sucked, as do most of the other shows on nbc.

17. macrumors 603

notjustjay

I never really got into its style (though I only gave it a couple of episodes). I just don't like this kind of humor where the annoying smarmy guy is surrounded by idiots and wins in the end despite making you want to smack him.

Yes, I enjoy the pop culture references and the occasional witty dialog but the rest of it was just too unbelievable.

18. macrumors 601

Tilpots

The last clip of an episode always gets me to laugh, whether the ep was good or not. The writing needs work occasionally, but overall I'm a fan. Is it sticking around or not?

19. thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, it is. It's only going to be on some kind of mid-season break, or something similar.

20. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I bet it never returns despite what NBC has said. It's their lowest rated Thursday night show and has had its lowest ratings this year. NBC is the last place network with a lot of holes to fill. Taking a show of an already weak schedule doesn't bode well.

21. macrumors 68000

RawBert

[​IMG]
    I heart Alison Brie. Big time!

22. macrumors 6502

Pop pop!!!

23. macrumors 6502

:p Ppppppppptttttttttttttttttt.

24. macrumors 601

sammich

I discovered it not that long ago and caught it up right before the current season started. Absolutely loved the first two seasons, but I don't get the newest season, maybe it's better seen as a marathon. Don't get me wrong I love this show, for the same reasons as I love (loved) Scrubs, quirky, the pop references and the self deprecating humour.

25. macrumors G3

Kilamite

Who watched the xmas special then (ep10)?

My word, Annie's song/dance made the whole episode and put me right into the Christmas spirit!