Community rant!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nope, not about this place. but a PC-user forum I'm still attached too.

basically... I mean basically. its 2:31am and I'm up at 8am.
    We had a photography thread. I posted some shots of the melting snow around my house. Before I knew it some guy said "your house is crap" and listed reasons why new houses are bad. so, unfortunately for me, I retaliated. To be honest I did show off a little, i mean if somebody says that something your parents spent the last 15 years of their lives building "crap" then you're going too... right?

So! This is the best bit! He responds with "Stop showing off!"

Are you allowed to do that? someone says something is crap, you give reasons why it isn't, and then get accused of showing off? Just that doesn't seem right to me. He proceeded to show off too. Does that put him in the same boat as me?

Anyways. Turns out this guy is an idiot. He was bullied on the forums years back so I helped him out. then he turns against me helping in!

OH! Icing on the cake moment. A guy on the same forums said I'm not entitled to an opinion because I'm a mac user! :D :D

This is purely a rant. I'm just sick of people like him, well this whole site I'm on actually! Shame too, it's a massive freeware developer site too.
    This place is so much better... :)

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Lol, man, calmmmmm down. It's just an internet site. There's someone sitting at their computer pushing buttons typing at you...just ignore it.

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I know :) I'm not going there again. It's good for getting noticed and that, but (without trying to sound big headed) I've had my little 15 minutes of fame so I don't really need that place now.

another example of it's utter stupidity!

The thread was titled "post an image of a loved one!". I asked Caroline and she said I could post a pic of us together. I check back in 3 days. 25 comments about her teeth, they think she's topless (her hair was actually covering the bra strap), and they've all gone off about how 'deviant' I was going off with a girl who could gnaw my... Just idiots.

Any fun tips for that place? Because of the mass distaste for OSX. I feel like going there, posting a final message saying nothing more than "OSX rocks! Windows sucks!" and never going there again. knowing deep down that they're all scrambling to flame mac.

flame mac... now I'm hungry.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^dude most of the people there are geeks that can't get a girl, don't worry about them talking about her...half of them still wetting the bed. Never let people get to you...breath in and out ...move on.

I wouldn't show pictures of my chick on the net though but thats just me....

Bless

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Buddy this is the internet. You're going to encounter many jerks and you just have to ignore it. Why should you give a **** what some guy on the internet thinks about you.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have defended yourself because I think you did the right thing, it's just that you need to not let it get to you. If someone online says something about you, say whatever you want back to him but then forget about it when you get off the computer. It shouldn't bother you later in the day.

6. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

you house is crap!! /sarcasm

seriously man, if your going onto a different internet forum to complain about the jerks in another forum than you REALLY need to get out more.

7. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

It is easy to take shots and toss insults at others, but the above comment should be the very last thing to get the better of you. When it becomes clear that a forum is not properly run and you feel like a hostile intruder, pack your bags and leave ... and do not look back over your shoulder.

8. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

I agree with the rest it's not a big deal, as I believe you do :), but it is annoying people act like that. :rolleyes:
    Some people are dumb. End of story.