Community Service in the DFW Area

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KingYaba, Sep 13, 2006.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Alright I have to do 50 hours of community service (or more). I get to choose where I serve. But I have to get this thing rolling by Monday. So I'm going to contact Plano, McKinney, Frisco, and maybe the city of Dallas to look for something tomorrow.

My question to any of you MR users, do you have any personal experience with a specific organization? Do you mind explaining why or why not you would or would not recommend this to me?

I am completely in the dark here. The only thing that comes to mind is Habitat for Humanity. So please, any help? It would be much appreciated.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Heh... what'd you do? Is it a crime to support the Kinkster in Texas?

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

you wanna serve rich people, go north, you wanna serve poor people, go south. :D I have no idea

4. KingYaba thread starter macrumors 68040

KingYaba

We all carry guns. :D

I lost a bet so I have to do community service. (Cowboys Lost) So I'll just end up calling around. :p

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

You could come over to my place and do some yard work. ;)

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

TO could use a guidance counselor or maybe a chauffeur.

:p

7. KingYaba thread starter macrumors 68040

KingYaba

TO couldn't take the heat down here in TX. He was such a sissy and faked an injury so he wouldn't have to practice. He told Parcells that there's 10 years of footage he can watch. That's why he doesn't have to practice. :rolleyes:
    Well, I guess I could. But I'd rather build a home for someone. I'm really leaning towards habitat for humanity.