Compatibility Issues with OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beefcake, Aug 20, 2003.

1. beefcake macrumors 6502

As a recent switcher, I was very concerned that although I'd be able to run the majority of programs out there, there would be a lot of small programs that wouldn't carry over. I was right. In the past week, my PC desktop has been running quite a few little worms that just don't seem to like OS X. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make due with a fully functional, uninfected Powerbook.

:)

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Yeah, I'm sorry to say that you'll have to shell out the big bucks for Virtual PC if you want to run some of those "hot" new worms... :p

3. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Yeah, I'm missing those wonderfull freeware apps too :D

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i think those "apps" are more like donation ware. you can either reformat your entire drive, or donate some money to a virus protector and then you will have no problems...i think this falls more into "donating to the mob"....

"we will protect you, for a small fee"

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I always thought of it like paying tributes...damn Norton, for too long you were living off my wallet before I switched!

6. beefcake thread starter macrumors 6502

So when you get a worm or virus, you should be grateful that you have the opportunity to stimulate the economy and keept the wonderful crew down at Norton in business.

7. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

yeah, after they messed up your system with their wonderful software beyond recovery time and time again... ;)

vSpacken