Compatibility Issues

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dynamicd, Jul 29, 2002.

1. dynamicd macrumors 6502

I recently bought an iMac and am waiting for it to arrive. I was going to order the isub but my friend warned that he had heard that there were problems with it. What the problems were i'm not really sure. Also, since i didn't buy the isub, i was wondering if the soundsticks are compatible with the imac and if anybody has any comments on whether or not they're worth the money would also be greatly appreciated.

2. dricci macrumors 6502a

I've had no compatability issues with my iSub and SoundSticks in OS X on my Power Mac.

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Just ask Queen Cobra (aka King Cobra) about his recent CSW speaker set. :D

The Cambridge Soundworks Speakers have no compatibility issues with ANY Mac out there.

For the amount you would spend on the iSub and soundsticks, you can get a kick ass speaker set from CSW. There is even a product out for the Mac that will convert the sound out on current Mac systems into 5.1. That will allow you to use a suround sound system with your Mac. I believe it was posted in another thread... I also remember seeing it in the back of the latest MacWorld issue...

4. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

iSub

I have the SoundSticks and iSub working with my G4 Quicksilver. Its a USB speaker system. No problems with it. Harmon/Kordon makes the speakers for all of Apples computers and Apple sells them on appl.com.