Compatible Software for Transferring Music from iPod to New Macbook Pro OS X 10.6.3?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shiny&New, May 11, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello,
    so I just got a brand new Mac & need to transfer the music onto it from my iPod (classic, most recent version) but neither Expod nor iPodDisk will work with this OS so I'm wondering does anyone know of a programme that would? I'd rather use free/open source software if possible but am open to other suggestions I guess... Can't find anywhere on Senuti's info page whether or not it works with my OS & don't particularly want to waste any money finding out. Maybe someone out there knows?
    Thanks a lot guys in advance!
    R*

2. macrumors 601

You could always use a time machine backup of your older mac or use your other mac in target disk mode to transfer your music library onto your new computer?

3. macrumors 6502a

senuti

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Snaky, both good suggestions but sadly my old MacBook was stolen from my house & my external harddrive died a while ago so the library is not backed up anywhere but on my iPod.

Steevo, are you saying that Senuti supports the new OS?

Cheers for advice.

5. macrumors member

senuti costs money. I found an older version of "pod to mac" from before they started charging for it and worked great, and its free.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep 530 you're right it does cost money. I used the older (free) version before & it was great. But the older version doesn't work with newer Operating Systems I don't think. I'm not sure if the new one works with my laptop's OS X 10.6.3 either... Just tried the free trial (30 days / 1000 songs) & my iPod isn't appearing when I connect it.

7. macrumors 6502

Rithem

Since when? Last time I checked it was free.

8. Guest

spinnerlys

Check again, it costs money at least since August 2009, when I found out it isn't free anymore.

OP, exPod works for me with Mac OS X 10.6.3.

9. macrumors 68000

elpmas

:( tis a great product

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh Spinnerlys, thank you for that - I'd been thinking the programmes weren't compatible with my new MacBook but I hadn't in fact changed the stupid settings on my iPod to enable disk use.
    All set up here now with ExPod here, working a treat. Delighted. Thanks again everyone!
    :)